On-Demand: ADVANCED IFS and Polyvagal Theory: Healing Through Compassionate Connection™ - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (see below for more information)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast-forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint handout and multiple handouts & forms. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $135 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented by: Alexia Rothman, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- Instruction Level: Advanced
- Discuss brand new video examples of Dr. Rothman’s work, illustrating the use of pure IFS techniques to befriend and help parts that experience and strategically utilize adaptive survival states in the nervous system.
- Illustrate how IFS techniques can facilitate clients’ ability to regulate their emotional and physiological states in and between sessions through the process of “Internal Co-Regulation.”
- Explain the IFS position on traditional grounding and emotion regulation techniques and the importance of compassionate messaging to parts when using such techniques.
- Utilize Ruth Culver’s Survive-Thrive Spiral in IFS work with clients who experience frequent dysregulation.
- Distinguish between empathy and compassion through an IFS lens, and their relevance to the integration of IFS and PVT.
- Identify client-level and therapist-level considerations for adjusting the empathy-to-compassion ratio in commonly encountered therapeutic situations.
Based on popular demand, Dr. Rothman is excited to provide a continued exploration of the integration of Dr. Richard Schwartz’s Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy and Dr. Stephen Porges’s Polyvagal Theory (PVT). This workshop is designed as a follow-up to Dr. Rothman’s IFS and PVT integration course.
Concepts to be explored include:
- The “Therapeutic Dose of Empathy” in IFS sessions
- The power of “Internal Co-Regulation” for in-the-moment regulation and healing and long-term retuning of the autonomic nervous system
- The importance of communicating compassionately with parts when using emotion-regulation techniques
- An exploration of Ruth Culver’s Survive-Thrive spiral as a helpful tool in therapy with clients who experience frequent dysregulation.
Please join us for this powerful workshop where Dr. Rothman has done it again!
Presented by: Alexia Rothman, Ph.D.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Presenter showed wonderful presence, both in her presentation and in the videos. Wonderful, one of the best courses I've taken. Lovely day all in all, with time for a bike ride at lunch." - KJ, LPC
- "Dr. Rothman is an excellent presenter! She is organized, well spoken, and thorough. I truly don't see how this workshop could have been improved." - AME, LMFT
- "It was great- the videos really helped. It was a great way to understand deeper IFS" - TA, LCSW
- "Clear, calm, engaging, lecture/session combo great" - MS, LCSW
- "Very well prepared, organized, relevant. The integration of IFS and Polyvagal was tremendously helpful." - CBP
- "This is the 3rd workshop of Dr Rothman's I have attended, they are always informative and interesting. I love how she uses actual cases/sessions to present information" - BZJ, LCSW
- "I appreciated the video she used that showed the process of working with IFS not the end result of healing. Thank you Knowledge Tree for all you provide us with." - KA, LMSW
- "Very organized, clear, with a lot of examples. Seeing Dr. Alexia and her thorough process while working has been wonderful and will help me in my work with my clients." - PG, LMFT
- "Dr. Rothman is very dedicated and knowledgeable of her craft as it is very noticeable in her teaching of this subject matter." - CL, LPC
- "Dr. Rothman has a lovely manner, a clarity of presentation, and a depth of knowledge and expertise." - JM
- "Very positive. Knowledge Tree made this webinar much more "user friendly" for those like me who are not adept at the internet/PC for continued education. My thanks for your patience and support. Dr. Rothman's command of material in this webinar was very impressive, especially the integration of theory and practice, "use of self" as therapist." - MS, LCSW
- "Dr. Rothman is an excellent presenter. She is clear, centered, calm (Lots of Self energy!). She was highly organized. Her slides were easy to follow and allowed me to learn without too much information packed into one slide. The video followed by the discussion and rationale for her interventions was very effective for my learning style. ... Most of all, Dr. Rothman's warm, genuine, kind energy allowed my parts to give me space to be present and helped my nervous system be regulated." - LJ, LCSW
- "Dr. Rothman is amazing. I thought the presentation went very well. The pace was good and kept me engaged more than most others are able to. I think what I learned in this workshop will support me in ongoing implementation of IFS therapy techniques in my work with clients and in my own IFS therapy and practice." - MA, LPC
6 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Licensed in Canada as a Counselor: This workshop is approved for 6 credit hours through CCPA, event code: 64959708.
- Social Workers: The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through GSCSW. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Social Workers: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker: Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #105-2022. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Marriage & Family Therapist: Please see the yellow highlighted section just below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists if that workshop has approved status from another state association which ours have been (see above). Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states will accept APA & NBCC approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations. We strongly recommend saving the course description and educational objectives, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity, and please contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.