On-Demand: The Brand-New DSM-5-TR: What You Need to Know - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or people, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 3 Core (see below for more information)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $82
- Presented by: Corey Milsap, PsyD (see bio below)
This online course will help you to:
- Describe at least four criterion changes introduced in DSM-5-TR.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the DSM-5-TR through applied case-studies that highlight changes in DSM-5-TR.
- State at least two strengths and two weaknesses of the new manual.
This interactive clinical skills workshop offers a hands-on approach to support clinicians as they transition to using the DSM-5-TR. Participants will explore the main revisions from the DSM-5 to the DSM-5-TR. Clinicians will learn the reasons for the key changes and review the new disorder in depth. Clinicians will have the opportunity to extend their working knowledge of the DSM-5-TR through applied case-studies. This workshop will enhance your diagnostic skills using the new DSM-5-TR.
Presented by: Corey Milsap, PsyD
Dr. Corey Milsap, has worked in a variety of clinical and education related positions in West Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, and Georgia. Dr. Milsap completed her higher education at Marshall University and Argosy University. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Master of Arts in Educational Administration, Educational Specialist in Adult and Technical Education with an emphasis in training, Master of Arts in Psychology, Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, and Educational Specialist in School Psychology. Additionally, Dr. Milsap has earned a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Argosy University (VA). As a licensed professional counselor (GA), licensed mental health counselor (FL) and certified school psychologist (GA), Dr. Milsap provides individual, family, group, and couples therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. Additionally, she provides psycho-educational and mental health evaluations. In working with individuals and groups, Dr. Milsap can assist with the treatment of depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADHD, grief and loss, trauma, adjustment issues, mood disorders, and autism. Dr. Milsap also enjoys working with military personnel, veterans, and their families. Dr. Milsap strives to help individuals persist through difficult times to find their true potential. Dr. Milsap serves on the board of the Licensed Professional Counselor Association. Additionally, Dr. Milsap is credentialed as a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) in the State of Georgia.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Presenter was clear and interactive elements worked well." - AS, LMFT
- "clear and concise and interactive" - JH
- "presenter was knowledgable (i.e., provided updated data/research info)." - JO, Licensed Psychologist
- "Professional and presented relevant information. Great presenter" - SWG, LMSW
- "Very knowledgeable. Great training." - SE, LPC
- "She was one of the best presenters I have ever heard and I have been attending CEUs for. 3 decades. She was very knowledgeable, engaging without lots of "filler conversation". I will definitely sign up for another course if she is presenting." PB, LMFT
- "Very knowledgeable. Wonderful as usual" - HAO
- "Great. Loved the detail and interaction. Slido was great - going to use." - MBH, Psychologist
- "Presenter was very well informed and used engaging software to promote interaction." - MF, LCSW
- "I enjoyed the workshop, interactive questions, and case study. The information provided will assist me with diagnosing. I am more confident about using the DSM-5-TR. The presenter is very knowledgeable." - AL, LPC
3 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Licensed in Canada as a Counselor: This workshop is approved for 3 credit hours through CCPA, event code: 64959373.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #052322. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Social Workers: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker: Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #085-2022. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Marriage & Family Therapist: Please see the yellow highlighted section just below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists if that workshop has approved status from another state association which ours have been (see above). Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states will accept APA & NBCC approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations. We strongly recommend saving the course description and educational objectives, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity, and please contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
This course is closed for enrollment.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.