Therapist and Coach: An Ethical Path to Adding Coaching Services to Your Practice - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When and Where:
- Date: Friday, February 10, 2023
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 2/10, you can pre-register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/coach-and-thera...
- Time: 1:00pm - 4:15pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 3 Ethics or Core (please see below for details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $87 before Friday, January 27th at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $97 after
- Presented by: Anne McSorley, LPC and Patricia A. Daly, JD (see bios below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Identify the similarities and differences between counseling and coaching
- Highlight the core coaching skills most therapists possess, and the variety of paths to beginning a coaching practice
- Analyze coaching issues in the context of ethical codes of conduct, with a specific focus on professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Explore the coaching process and the development of the coaching relationship
- Evaluate an array of sample coaching sessions that demonstrate the types of issues clients typically bring to their coaches and the ethical concerns they raise
- Discuss common business and ethical matters involved in managing two types of practices
Anne McSorley is an accomplished business consultant and executive coach who has been based in Atlanta for over 35 years. Her work largely centers on organizational health and workplace consultation, both for the executive and the team. Her executive coaching practice includes C-level executives and middle managers throughout the United States and internationally. Her expertise is in emerging leaders and how they perform in the workplace, and she attracts clients who change the world and themselves in the process.
Pat Daly has worked for more than two decades training and advising lawyers, managers, directors, and leaders. She understands protocol and hierarchy in corporations, law firms, academia, and non-profit organizations. Pat's clients are focused on improving their professional performance and navigating interpersonal issues in the workplace, as well as career development, promotions, and other transitions. Pat develops dynamic coaching sessions and directs training workshops on essential skills, including communication, supervision, and change management.
A former two-term member of the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board and lecturer in Professional Responsibility, Pat’s fluency in ethics informs all of her work. It also sets her apart from her coaching peers. Her focus on meeting ethical obligations in all circumstances drives her clients to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity. Pat is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and a Board Certified Coach.
- 12:30 - 1:00 Sign-In
- 1:00 - 2:30 Afternoon Session
- 2:30 - 2:45 Break
- 2:45 - 4:15 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:15 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
3 Ethics or Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. For more detailed information regarding CE approvals, please click here.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop is approved for 3 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64960980.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 3 ethics CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #120922. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for Ethics Hours for Marriage and Family Therapists via LPCA-GA through reciprocal agreement with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.