Couples Therapy Essentials: Love Cycles and Fear Cycles - 5 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
- If you cannot attend this workshop live on 12/2, you can register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/couples-therapy...
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EDT
- CE Hours Included: 5 Core (please see below for more details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar ("Synchronous") on Zoom
- Investment: $115 before Friday, November 18 by 5:00 p.m. EDT, $130 after
- Presented by: David Woodsfellow, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Diagram any couple’s negative cycle (their fear cycle)
- Explain each couple’s unique negative cycle using their language
- List interventions to interrupt that cycle
- Diagram any couple’s positive cycle (their love cycle)
- Explain each couple’s unique positive cycle using their language
- List interventions to promote this cycle
- Name two common factors in all successful couples therapy
The essence of couples therapy is helping people leave their negative cycles and return to their positive cycles. Research has shown the importance of common factors in all successful couples therapy – across theoretical orientations. Two of those common factors are (1) thinking systemically, and (2) disrupting dysfunctional patterns. This workshop presents a model to help clarify our systemic thinking about couple’s negative and positive cycles. Additionally, Dr. Woodsfellow will guide us in a variety of interventions to disrupt their dysfunctional, negative cycles.
Presented by: David Woodsfellow, Ph.D.
Dr. David Woodsfellow is a licensed psychologist whose practice is 100% couples therapy. He has been seeing couples -- only couples, no individuals -- for 20 years, and teaching other therapists about couples therapy for 15 years. His workshops are highly engaging and immediately useable.
Dr. Woodsfellow received his B.A. at Harvard, his M.Ed. at Antioch New England, his M.A. at UC Santa Barbara, and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at Georgia State University. He did his clinical psychology internship at the Neuropsychiatric Institute of UCLA Medical School. Dr. Woodsfellow has been personally trained by Drs. Harville Hendrix, John Gray, John Gottman, and Mr. Terry Real. He holds Master Certification in Relationship Empowerment Therapy, and has previously been a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. He has taken Advanced Training in Gottman-Method Relationship Therapy and Emotionally-Focused Therapy.
- 9:30 - 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 - 11:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 11:30 - 11:45 Break
- 11:45 - 1:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Lunch Break
- 2:00 - 3:15 Afternoon Session
- 3:15 - 3:30 Break
- 3:30 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Dr. Woodsfellow was very well versed in what he shared." - DB, LPC
- "Very knowledgeable and presented the information effectively." - AS, LPC
- "I really enjoyed the real life cases we discussed and it helped a lot for Dr. Woodsfellow to walk us through how to do this in real time." - SA, LPC
- "I found this to be the most professional, thorough, and helpful CE course I have taken thus far. It really shines the light on the importance of the hosting company and the details that make for a smooth experience - everything from the quality of the video connection, lighting, sound, visuals, to the registration and CE certificate process. Fantastic! I will be highly recommending knowledge tree courses to my colleagues and prioritize my future courses to be completed with this company. It's head and shoulders above all other companies I've used - including national organization's conferences!" - KJ, APC
- "It gave me greater insight on how to work with couples." - SB, LPC
- "The presenter was very knowledgeable. The demonstrations were extremely helpful as well as the love and fear cycle diagrams." - MG, LMFT
- "Dr. Woodsfellow presents himself very well. He handled his guests like he would his clients, in a positive way." - LAL, LPC, LMFT
- "Excellent, well organized, great use of volunteers to demonstrate." - MD, LCSW
- "Easy to use and see from a technical standpoint." - BE, LPC
- "I was completely engaged. The demonstrations were wonderful. The entire cycle is new to me but it was presented in a way that I understood it immediately. This information was very valuable to me. I feel like I got my money's worth!" - TS, APC
- "I loved the way the presenter incorporated different approaches in the field; Gottman, Real, Hendrix, and Johnson. I thought the demos were superb. I appreciated learning the benefit of using a "simpler model" in my couple's sessions. Liked the use of polls and chats." - EB, LMHC
- "Very practical, clear presentation with good balance of interactions with participants. Demo with couple and therapist very helpful in experiencing the complexity of the process at times while keeping it positive and collaborative. Excellent Workshop. Another great job to the team at Knowledge Tree. Thank you!" - SG, LPC, LMFT
- "Dr. Woodsfellow is an excellent presenter and teacher. I really appreciated his humble yet confident approach including sharing how he has integrated his learning from other practitioners in the field. This has been the best workshop I have attended through The Knowledge Tree. Thank you for bringing David to us!" - MH, LPC
5 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Licensed in Canada? This workshop is approved for 5 credit hours through CCPA, event code: 64958659.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #061022. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #140-2021. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- *Licensed in another state as a social worker or marriage & family therapist? Many states will accept CEs for Social Workers & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state. Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states accept APA & NBCC approved workshops, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.