Hypnotherapy with Memory Reconsolidation (Level 1 of Certification) - 7 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, March 3, 2023
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 3/3, you can register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/hypno-1-online/
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 7 Core (please see below for details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $160 before Friday, February 17 at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $185 after
- Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D., NBCCH-Fellow (see bio below)
- This course is a prerequisite for Levels 2 & 3 (Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy Certification Course is comprised of Levels 1, 2, & 3).
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Define hypnotherapy and review evidence regarding its effectiveness.
- Demonstrate several ways to induce a hypnotic trance and the importance of engaging the emotional brain.
- Discuss possible risks and populations with whom hypnotherapy is contraindicated.
- Compare the three main types of hypnotherapy: 1) Resource State; 2) Hypno-Enhanced CBT; 3) and Regression (with Memory Reconsolidation).
- Explain Memory Reconsolidation and review this cutting-edge approach to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas.
- Identify several ways to incorporate hypnotherapy into your practice and increase clinical success.
- Identify three ways to increase the mind/body connection: Applied kinesiology, Ideomotor finger signals, and body scans.
- Create a personal script to practice self-hypnosis.
This workshop has recently been updated to incorporate cutting-edge research on memory reconsolidation and how hypnotherapy performed in a specific format meets the criteria needed to reconsolidate memories in a more positive way. Memory is key to every maladaptive belief and behavior. Therefore, this form of hypnotherapy may be utilized with every mental health issue where "new learning" needs to take place to change old patterns and fear responses.
Dr. Beaton-York's unique approach to combining hypnotherapy with memory reconsolidation focuses on empowering the client to come up with his/her own solutions to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas, which is remarkably easier while a client is in trance. Come learn why other workshop participants are calling Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy trainings and certification program a "game-changer" to their practices. This workshop will be both didactic and experiential and participants will walk away with knowledge and skills they can apply immediately.
** This course (Level 1) is a prerequisite to Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy Certification Course. For planning purposes, please know that she only teaches her Certification Course once each year, and it is limited to 33 participants.
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York Ph.D., NBCCH-Fellow
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder and Director of The Knowledge Tree with over 31 years of clinical experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). Dr. Beaton-York earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy. She has taught hundreds of workshops on hypnotherapy and trauma both nationally and internationally. However, for many years Dr. Beaton-York exclusively taught hypnotherapy certification courses to mental health professionals all over the United States, Mexico, and South Africa. She later created her own NBCCH approved hypnotherapy certification training in 2008. She developed Hypno-Counting™ with Memory Reconsolidation technique in 2015, combining several well-researched approaches, and she’s excited to be teaching this to all mental health clinicians as opposed to just the individuals taking her Certification Course. She has seen how powerful this technique is and how easy it is to learn, so she wants more therapists to be utilizing it. From a teaching perspective, Dr. Beaton-York is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable & scientific yet down-to-earth & easy to understand, while also being playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you’ll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Sign-In
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshop
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. Break
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Lunch Break
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Break
- 4:45 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 6:15 p.m. – Continuing Education Certificates Available
7 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Licensed in Canada? The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through CCPA.
- Social Workers: The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through GSCSW. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- Marriage & Family Therapists: The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through GAMFT. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- *Licensed in another state as a social worker or marriage & family therapist? Many states will accept CEs for Social Workers & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state. Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states accept APA & NBCC approved workshops, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.