Money Matters: Personal Finances and Mental Health - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, January 12, 2024
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 1/12, you can pre-register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/money-matters-f...
- Time: 1:00pm - 4:15pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 3 Core (please see below for details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar ("Synchronous") on Zoom
- Investment: $87 before Friday, December 29th at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $97 after
- Presented by: Traci Williams, Psy.D., ABPP, CFT-ITM (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Recognize signs and symptoms of disordered money behavior
- Identify correlations between personal finances and mental health across diverse populations
- List evidence-based treatment approaches to address financial health concerns
- Recognize your own Money Script and how it affects your financial behavior
Most mental health graduate programs do not include training in assessing and treating financial health concerns. Assessing and treating clients’ financial difficulties is integral to therapeutic practice. According to APA’s Stress in America survey (2023), 77% of adults ages 35 to 44 note money as a significant source of stress. Conflicts around money are notable in distressed couples and often contribute to separation and divorce (Hill et al., 2017). Overall, socioeconomic distress is correlated with physical and mental health problems (Kivimäki, 2020). This workshop will describe assessment and evidence-based treatment approaches for general practice. The financial disparities faced by minorities will also be explored.
Presented by: Traci Williams, Psy.D., ABPP, CFT-ITM
Dr. Traci Williams is a board-certified clinical psychologist (ABPP), certified financial therapist (CFT-ITM), and assistant professor at Emory University. She has over a decade of experience assessing and treating all age groups. Dr. Traci has presented on a variety of mental health topics in professional settings, both nationally and internationally. She has been featured as an expert in several major media outlets, including TIME, The New York Times, and Forbes. She serves to improve families’ emotional, mental, and financial wellness through her private practice, Poui Consulting, and social media platform, Healthy Wealthy Roots. Dr. Traci is a proud Trinidadian who calls Atlanta her second home.
Agenda (Eastern Time):
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm | Sign-In and Welcome
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm | Session
- 2:30pm - 2:45pm | Break
- 2:45pm - 4:15pm | Session
- 4:15pm | Continuing Education Certificates Available
3 Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Counselors licensed in Georgia: Although approval through the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) is not required for CE credit since all our courses are NBCC-approved, this workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through LPCA-GA, approval #2023-11-10-933LW.
- Counselors licensed in another state: Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: TKT has applied for approval for this workshop through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #111123. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #208-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.