The Neuroplasticity of Resilience - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, January 26, 2024
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 1/26, you can pre-register for the recorded on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/neuroplasticity...
- Time: 10:30am - 5:30pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (please see below for more information)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $140 before Friday, January 12 at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $160 after
- Presented by: Diana Gordick, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Define neuroplasticity, positive neuroplasticity, and self-directed neuroplasticity
- Identify three situations/settings when a deeper well of psychological resources is available and how to create them.
- Explain the differences between positive thinking, toxic positivity, and positive neuroplasticity.
- Discuss neural encoding, consolidation, and reconsolidation.
- Describe Paul MacLean’s “triune brain” framework and how this concept is important in managing safety, satisfaction, and connection needs.
- Learn two ways to teach clients about increasing psychological safety and self-worth.
- Name three blocks to the deliberate internalization of positive, beneficial experiences.
- Gain a rudimentary understanding of the relevance of neuroplasticity to epigenetics.
Do you ever feel like your clients are stuck in fight or flight and struggle to feel safe enough to really benefit from therapy? Or maybe you long for your clients to feel more resourced outside of the therapy hour. Our clients are experts in learning from bad experiences. In fact, our brains and nervous systems are wired to learn deeply from these experiences for our survival. Unfortunately, this evolutionary tendency can begin to chip away at our ability to experience and increase resilience and beneficial emotions such as feeling calm, contentment, peace, satisfaction, and happiness. Without enough of these safe and beneficial mood states, our natural resilience begins to wither, leaving us less able to navigate stress.
In this experiential workshop, we will explore how neuroplasticity is the key to increasing resiliency and these positive emotional states. We will discuss the "triune brain" model to gain insights into managing clients' needs for safety, satisfaction, and connection. We’ll also compare the processes of neural encoding, consolidation, and reconsolidation to refine your understanding of memory and learning. You will also be able to distinguish between the nuances of positive thinking, toxic positivity, and positive neuroplasticity and gain expertise in steering clear of common pitfalls while fostering genuine psychological growth. Furthermore, we will uncover the often-overlooked obstacles that hinder the internalization of positive experiences.
During our time together, we will practice and experience the tools you can then share with your clients for improved outcomes. Please join us and transform your therapeutic approach by empowering clients to rewire their brains and unlock their full potential.
Presented by: Diana Gordick, Ph.D.
With over two decades of helping families navigate stress and change with resilience, Dr. Diana Gordick has a deep understanding of the neurobiology of stress, how to create boundaries and communication patterns that reduce chaos and confusion, and how to set up individual and systemic conditions for healing and growth. As the founder of MindBrain Institute of Atlanta, LLC, Dr. Gordick helps high-achieving professional women and their families reconstruct calm and harmony inside themselves and in their relationships. Along this journey, Dr. Gordick has developed a specialization in chronic pain, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), ADHD and executive functioning, and holistic methods of enhancing neuroplasticity.
Agenda (Eastern Time):
- 10:00am - 10:30am | Sign-In and Welcome
- 10:30am - 12:00pm | Session
- 12:00pm - 12:10pm | Break
- 12:10pm - 1:40pm | Session
- 1:40pm - 2:20pm | Lunch Break
- 2:20pm - 3:50pm | Session
- 3:50pm - 4:00pm | Break
- 4:00pm - 5:30pm | Session
- 5:30pm | Continuing Education Certificates Available
6 Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: TKT has applied for approval for this workshop through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #111723. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #214-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.