On-Demand: Supervision & TeleMental Health: Ethical & Legal Considerations - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 3 Ethics, Core, or Related - This course satisfies the 3 hours of TeleMental Health Supervision required by the Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists for all Supervisors (Rule 135-11-.01)(please see below for more details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar ("Asynchronous") ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. However, you are required to watch at least 90% of the videos to receive CEs. The PowerPoint handout will be displayed in the video along with the presenter, and there is also a separate document for printing as well as multiple other handouts and forms. There is a quiz at the end to ensure comprehension and is required by all CE approval organizations for On-Demand workshops.
- Investment: $87 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented by: Becky
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Explain the "TeleMental Health" Rule in Georgia (Rule 135-11-.01) and how it pertains to all Supervisors licensed by the Composite Board.
- Discuss the difference between Supervision and Consultation.
- Summarize what you need to include in your Supervisory Informed Consent as well as a Consultation Informed Consent.
- Identify what technology applies to TeleMental Supervision, including audio and video recordings of client sessions and how this technology needs to be stored, transferred, and destroyed.
- Review the ethical guidelines for supervision and relate these to TeleMental Health.
- Discuss the importance of having supervisees complete an "Assessment for Fit" with all potential TeleMental Health Clients and the Supervisor do the same with Supervisees they may supervise via technology-assisted media to reduce vicarious liability. Both "Assessments for Fit" are included in this training.
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D.
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor (CPCS). She has supervised several hundred individuals to licensure over since 1999. Dr. Beaton-York has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee for seven years and Ethics Chair since 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair & Supervisory Registry Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and help create the original requirements for the CPCS. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made recent appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton-York is the Founder of The Knowledge Tree in Atlanta. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton-York was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
What other therapists are saying about this workshop:
- "I learned more about TeleMental Health in 3 hours with Dr. Beaton than I did in 6 hours at another workshop. I can't wait to take her 6 hour training!" A.B.
- "I only take ethics trainings from Dr. Becky. Somehow she makes it fun, the time flies by, and I know I'm getting the correct information!"
- "I was dreading doing this - expecting it to be boring & anxiety producing. Becky's approach made it interesting, relevant, and encouraging!" J.T.
- "Extraordinary! As always, Dr. Beaton is engaging, easy to understand - and the time flies by!" B.D.
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "I always feel we're getting the latest info with Becky!" A.S.
3 Ethics, Core, or Related “Asynchronous” CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. For more detailed information regarding CE approvals, please click here.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop is approved 3 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64957760.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: Many states will accept APA and/or NBCC approved continuing education hours for Social Workers, but please check your specific state’s rules & regulations. For Georgia specific information regarding SW approval, please go to our CE Information page, by clicking here and scroll down to the map of Georgia.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: Many states will accept APA and/or NBCC approved continuing education hours for Marriage & Family Therapists, but please check your specific state’s rules & regulations. For Georgia specific information regarding MFT approval, please go to our CE Information page, by clicking here and scroll down to the map of Georgia.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at: