To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
When and Where:
- 3 Ethics or Core CE Hours for Psychologists & Counselors and 3 Ethics CE Hours for Social Workers & Marriage & Family Therapists. This course satisfies the 3 hours of TeleMental Health Supervision required by the Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists for all Supervisors (Rule 135-11-.01). It also satisfies the three-hour Ethical requirement for renewing the Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor credential at the same time!
- Location: On-Demand Webinar
- Investment: $82
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor (CPCS). She has supervised several hundred individuals to licensure over since 1999. Dr. Beaton-York has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee for seven years and Ethics Chair since 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair & Supervisory Registry Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and help create the original requirements for the CPCS. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made recent appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton-York is the Founder of The Knowledge Tree in Atlanta. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton-York was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
- Explain the "TeleMental Health" Rule in Georgia (Rule 135-11-.01) and how it pertains to all Supervisors licensed by the Composite Board.
- Discuss the difference between Supervision and Consultation.
- Summarize what you need to include in your Supervisory Informed Consent as well as a Consultation Informed Consent.
- Identify what technology applies to TeleMental Supervision, including audio and video recordings of client sessions and how this technology needs to be stored, transferred, and destroyed.
- Review the ethical guidelines for supervision and relate these to TeleMental Health.
- Discuss the importance of having supervisees complete an "Assessment for Fit" with all potential TeleMental Health Clients and the Supervisor do the same with Supervisees they may supervise via technology-assisted media to reduce vicarious liability. Both "Assessments for Fit" are included in this training.
What other therapists are saying about this workshop:
- "I learned more about TeleMental Health in 3 hours with Dr. Beaton than I did in 6 hours at another workshop. I can't wait to take her 6 hour training!" A.B.
- "I only take ethics trainings from Dr. Becky. Somehow she makes it fun, the time flies by, and I know I'm getting the correct information!"
- "I was dreading doing this - expecting it to be boring & anxiety producing. Becky's approach made it interesting, relevant, and encouraging!" J.T.
- "Extraordinary! As always, Dr. Beaton is engaging, easy to understand - and the time flies by!" B.D.
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "I always feel we're getting the latest info with Becky!" A.S.
3 Ethics or Core CE Clock Hours :
- Ph.D.s: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- LPCs: This workshop is approved for 3 ethics or core hours through the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia, approval #2020-08-26-144AW.
- SWs & MFTs: This workshop is approved for Ethics Hours for Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists via LPCA of Georgia through reciprocal agreement with the Composite Board.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.