Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE): An Educational Overview of a Best Practice Treatment for PTSD - 4 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When and Where:
- Date: Friday, March 1, 2024
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 3/1, you can pre-register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/prolonged-expos...
- Time: 12:00pm - 4:30pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 4 Core (please see below for CE details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $109 before Friday, February 16th at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $122 after
- Presented by: Telsie Davis, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Explain the research support and client populations appropriate for PE
- Describe the core components of PE and the treatment of PTSD
- Communicate a summary of the PE protocol and delivery method
- Identify clinician tasks that can increase clients’ ability to be successful in PE
- Describe primary treatment objectives for each session of PE
Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) is an empirically supported, manualized treatment for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) that is endorsed as a best practice for PTSD by the U.S. Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the American Psychological Association, and the International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies. In this educational workshop, Dr. Telsie A. Davis will use didactics, clinically and culturally diverse clinical examples, and videos to provide an overview of PE for PTSD. This 4-hour workshop is educational in nature and does not provide or lead to certification or provider status for PE. The content is not intended to substitute for intensive training and consultation. Please review the information below for more on PE training, consultation, and resources.
*Please note that the content of this workshop will include discussion concerning trauma related to topics such as sexual assault, interpersonal violence, physical injury, and cultural identity-based discrimination. These topics can be emotionally difficult to confront, and Dr. Davis will work hard to facilitate empathic conversation and encourage participants to prioritize their emotional safety and well-being.
Free PE Training and Consultation:
The National Center for PTSD Consultation Program offers opportunities for licensed mental health providers who treat Veterans to receive free in-person training in PE followed by six months of weekly phone consultation. https://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/consult/trainings.asp
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD: Emotional Processing of Traumatic Experiences - Therapist Guide, 2nd Edition (Treatments That Work) https://academic.oup.com/book/28751?login=false
Foa, E. B., Hembree, E. A., Rothbaum, B. O., & Rauch, S. A. M. (2019). Prolonged exposure therapy for PTSD: Emotional processing of traumatic experiences: Therapist guide (2nd ed.). Oxford University Press. https://doi.org/10.1093/med-psych/9780190926939.00...
- Reclaiming Your Life from a Traumatic Experience: A Prolonged Exposure Treatment Program – Workbook, 2nd Edition https://academic.oup.com/book/28753
Rothbaum, B. O., Foa, E. B., & Hembree, E. A. (2007). Reclaiming your life from a traumatic experience: Workbook. Oxford University Press. https://doi.org/10.1093/med:psych/9780195308488.001.0001
Presented by: Telsie Davis, Ph.D.
Telsie A. Davis is 19-year veteran clinician who has presented in over 60 international, national, state, and local invited talks and workshops. She specializes in culturally equitable and evidence-based treatment for African American women, and is founder of The Cultural Equity Institute, formerly, The Davis Center. Dr. Davis earned a B.S. in Applied Psychology from Georgia Tech and her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Georgia State University. She completed her predoctoral internship and two years of postdoctoral fellowship training in trauma and substance use among African American women at Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Davis also works as a psychologist at the Atlanta VA and is Co-Chair of the Diversity Rotation for the APA-accredited Internship and Postdoctoral Training Program. She is also an Assistant Professor and Assistant Vice Chair for Faculty Development-Diversity and Inclusion in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Emory University School of Medicine.
Agenda (Eastern Time):
- 11:30am - 12:00pm | Sign-In and Welcome
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm | Session
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm | Break
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm | Session
- 4:30pm | Continuing Education Certificates Available
4 Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Knowledge Tree maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop is approved for 4 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64967167.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 4 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #011724. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 4 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #011-2024. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Neither the Knowledge Tree nor its speakers have received any commercial support for this program or its contents and will not receive any commercial support prior to or during this program.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.