Suicidal Clients: Current & Compassionate Care - 4 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 11/17, you can pre-register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/suicidal-client...
- Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 4 Core (please see below for details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $109 before Friday, November 3rd at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $119 after
- Presented by: Christina Noble, Ph.D., LPC (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop will be available to review for 60 days, and should be available within two weeks of the live presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Learn about major theories for the development of suicidality, as well common myths surrounding suicide.
- Identify relevant risk factors that are associated with higher rates of suicide, as well as protective factors that buffer us against suicidality.
- Review current understandings of how suicidality intersects with mental health diagnoses.
- Learn about current guidelines for the assessment of suicidality, including common warning signs and screening tools.
- Review approaches for the competent treatment and management of suicidality in clients, with an emphasis on the Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS) approach, an Evidence-based treatment for suicidality.
Are you aware of the most recent research, and do you feel truly confident in dealing with suicidal clients? We want to help you feel empowered and prepared because every therapist needs a thorough understanding of this sensitive and stressful topic.
In this workshop, we will explore the latest research and approaches concerning risk factors, successful evaluation, and evidence-supported therapeutic methods, all geared toward aiding mental health professionals in effectively supporting clients grappling with suicidal thoughts. The workshop will delve into contemporary perspectives on crisis intervention, stabilization, and long-term care, equipping clinicians to deliver compassionate, skilled, and empowering assistance to their most vulnerable clients.
Presented by: Christina Noble, Ph.D., LPC
Dr. Christina Noble is a Licensed Psychologist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor who specializes in treating OCD, Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors (Trichotillomania, Dermatillomania), Self-injurious behaviors, anxiety disorders, simple and complex PTSD, dissociation, personality disorders, executive functioning issues and ADHD. She served previously as the Clinical Director at The Anxiety and Stress Management Institute, and is currently serving as the Director of Clinical Supervision at Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta. Dr. Noble’s academic research experiences have focused on Trichotillomania, Shame, Perfectionism, Giftedness, Trauma and Attachment. She also has served as an adjunct professor at Georgia State University, teaching doctoral coursework on Ethics and Professional Issues and Psychopharmacology and Psychophysiology.
Agenda (Eastern Time):
- 10:30am - 11:00am | Sign-In and Welcome
- 11:00am - 12:00pm | Session
- 12:00pm - 12:10pm | Break
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm | Session
- 1:10pm - 1:50pm | Lunch Break
- 1:50pm - 2:50pm | Session
- 2:50pm - 3:00pm | Break
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm | Session
- 4:00pm | Continuing Education Certificates Available
4 Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: TKT has applied for approval for this workshop through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 4 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #093923. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 4 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #162-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.