- CEs: 1 Core Education Clock Hour for Psychologists (through APA) or 1 "Related" Continuing Education Hours for Counselors (through LPCA of GA), Social Workers (through GSCSW) & Marriage and Family Therapists (through GAMFT).
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and valuable handouts. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $20 (Includes Dr. Beaton-York's Assessment for Fit, Teleconferencing Guidelines, and TeleMental Health Informed Consent)
Important CEU Information (Updated 10/20/20)
On-Demand Webinars: Defined as “asynchronous” workshops that are prerecorded, and you may watch them at your leisure on your own time.
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists:
For Masters Licensed Therapists, both On-Demand ("Asynchronous") Webinars and "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra 5 would be your optional Independent Study hours). Therefore, this workshop would be counted as part of your allotted 15 "Related Hours." Please see our Live Webinars for Core and Ethics hours. For details regarding this new rule from the Secretary of State, click here.
The Georgia Board of Psychologists:
Has approved Live Webinars and On-Demand Webinars to be counted the same as live workshops for the remainder of this renewal period (including Ethics!!!). We are still awaiting The Board’s decision regarding the next renewal cycle.
- Provide participants with a TeleMental Health Informed Consent as well as two other important documents that you'll need to implement with your clients.
- Identify HIPAA compatible video platforms that will give you a Business Associate Agreement.
- Discuss assessment for fit and documenting that the client is appropriate for TeleMental Health and how to manage emergencies. The Assessment for Fit is also provided for your use.
- Explain how to bill appropriately for your services and which code specifiers to add.
- Review videoconferencing etiquette such as where to place the camera, utilizing a headset, and teaching your client how to follow best protocol as well. Dr. Beaton-York's Teleconferencing Guidelines for individuals, couples, families and groups are included.
Due to the recent COVID-19 crisis, the CDC recently announced that TeleHealth is really the best option for everyone's safety during this pandemic to stop the spread of the virus. This workshop will provide a quick overview of the steps you need to take to implement TeleMental health sessions in your practice right away.
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D.
Dr. Beaton-York has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee for ten years and Ethics Chair since July 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and has taught numerous TeleMental Health workshops over the past decade. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made recent appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Dr. Beaton-York's primary passion is teaching and mentoring, which inspired her to start The Knowledge Tree. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton-York was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
What people are saying about Dr. Beaton-York's TeleMental Health workshops:
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are always interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "Becky Beaton is a fantastic presenter. The Best!" H.V.
- "Becky is engaging, funny, & knowledgeable." R.T.
- "I love your personality! Your laugh is very contagious. You are able to present boring material in a very interesting and educational way!" P.T.
1 Core or Related CE Clock Hour:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: This workshop was originally approved for 1 Core Hour for Counselors through LPCA of Georgia, approval #8859-0420AW; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for Related Hours for Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists via LPCA of Georgia through reciprocal agreement with the Composite Board.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.