The Fundamentals of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) - 5 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, November 11, 2022
- If you are not able to attend this workshop on 11, you can pre-register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/acceptance-comm...
- Time: 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT
- CE Hours Included: 5 Core (please see below for more details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar ("Synchronous") on Zoom
- Investment: $115 before Friday, October 28 at 5:00pm EDT, $130 after
- Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D. & Hamilton Von Wiegand, LPC (see bios below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Describe a brief history of ACT along with its underlying philosophy and assumptions
- Discuss ACT’s model of psychopathology and well-being (Review the 6 core processes of psychological flexibility and the corresponding 6 processes of inflexibility)
- Define, describe, and experientially practice the pillars of “presence,” “openness,” and “action.”
- Recognize examples of how non-ACT techniques can be adopted into an ACT framework
- Discuss how to apply ACT for a variety of problems that clients may present
As therapists, we find ourselves working with clients who want to end their suffering and live a life of meaning, fullness, and purpose. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is an empirically validated, evidenced based treatment modality that equips clients with the tools and resources to reduce suffering by focusing on function over form. One of the greatest aspects of ACT is that it meets clients’ needs no matter what the presenting issue or concern. In this workshop, participants will learn the core processes of ACT and how to implement these into clinical practice. Presenters will experientially lead participants through in introduction to the ACT framework, so participants leave the training feeling equipped to begin using ACT in their clinical practice.
Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand Ph.D., LPC, CCH, NCC
Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand is the Clinical Director and founder of Liberating Counseling Services, a practice specializing in anxiety disorders, self-harming behaviors, addictions, and behavior change.In her practice, Dr. Von Wiegand and her clinicians provide individual and group therapy for OCD spectrum disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, and addiction for children, adolescents, and adults.Dr. Von Wiegand is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Schema Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist.Dr. Von Wiegand is also the founder of a supervision, consultation, and training venture known as Clinician Collaborative.Through Clinician Collaborative, she provides resources and tools for clinicians seeking to expand their understanding of modalities she specializes in.She loves presenting and equipping clinicians with tools and resources to help them thrive in their practice.
Hamilton Von Wiegand, LPC
Hamilton Von Wiegand is a professional counselor and therapist with a broad range of experience. He has worked in every level of clinical setting (in-home and community-based services, outpatient, PHP, psychiatric inpatient, and long-term residential treatment) with ages from 4 years old to 90 years old. Hamilton currently works in private practice alongside his wife Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand. Hamilton has extensive training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy (ST), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist. In his practice, he specializes in treating addictions and dual diagnosis clients, anxiety and OCD disorders, personality disorders, complex cases, and issues that don't fit into clear diagnostic categories. Hamilton has a deep passion for understanding the science, research, and philosophy underlying quality therapeutic interventions.
- 10:00 - 10:30 Sign-In
- 10:30 - 12:00 Welcome and Morning Session
- 12:00 - 12:15 Break
- 12:15 - 1:30 Afternoon Session
- 1:30 - 2:30 Lunch Break
- 2:30 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Break
- 3:45 - 5:00 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 5:00 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
5 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This workshop is also approved for 5 core CE hours through LPCA of GA, approval #2022-07-27-093LW.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Licensed in Canada? This workshop is approved for 5 credit hours through CCPA, event code: 64959376.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #072222. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #116-2022. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- *Licensed in another state as a social worker or marriage & family therapist? Many states will accept CEs for Social Workers & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state. Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states accept APA & NBCC approved workshops, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.