About Us & Our Workshops
CEU Update in Georgia (1-1-21):
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists has approved Live Webinars ("synchronous") to be counted the same as LIVE from now on (including Ethics)!! Also, the Composite Board has approved 10 hours On-Demand ("asynchronous") and an additional five may be used for the Independent Study option. On-demand hours are considered "related hours."
The Georgia Board of Psychologists has always allowed 10 On-Demand hours and 6 Live Webinar hours for a total of 16 hours online. They are considering adding more for the 2021-2022 Renewal Cycle due to COVID and continued risk with in-person workshops, which we hope they will vote on soon.
For your safety, all of our scheduled CE workshops for the foreseeable future will be available online via Live or On-Demand Webinars. Please stay safe.
About Dr. Becky Beaton & The Knowledge Tree
Hello, and thank you for visiting The Knowledge Tree!
I'm Dr. Becky Beaton, the Founder & Director of The Knowledge Tree. I also founded The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) back in 2004, where I created and managed the ASMI workshop program. I have since sold ASMI, and I am now teaching my workshops through The Knowledge Tree. I'm also excited about the amazing line-up of speakers we have for the upcoming year, which includes the excellent instructors I've sponsored in the past as well as other internationally renowned experts teaching the topics you have all been requesting.
In addition to providing continuing education via both live and online training, The Knowledge Tree is your place to visit to become inspired, grow, and get excited about cutting edge treatments and ideas. I want to hear from you and what you find interesting, and I will do my best to create either a brief video or a continuing education workshop around that topic. This is a gathering site for us to share knowledge and wisdom and for you to benefit from being part of our community.
A little more about who I am.....I'm a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Professional Counselor, and I've been practicing therapy since the 1900s (about 1991 to be more precise :-).
- I studied at the University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.) and Georgia State University (M.S., Ed.S. and, Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology).
- I am currently Adjunct Faculty for Emory University's Department of Psychology, and I have been adjunct faculty for Georgia State University's Department of Counseling Psychology.
- I founded and managed The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute, a large therapy practice, and I sold it as well as co-founded OCD Georgia, a non-profit affiliate of the International OCD Foundation.
- I had an incredible opportunity to be the psychologist for Discovery Studios'/TLC's hit series "Hoarding: Buried Alive" for four years and 60 episodes.
- The TV series opened the door for several other media experiences on Anderson Cooper, CNN, Good Morning America, and others.
- I love being a mentor and providing inspiration to fellow therapists. I've supervised hundreds of therapists to licensure, and I've provided practice development and ethics consultations to many more. I generally run about eight Business of Practice Consultation Groups each month for solo practitioners as well as larger practice owners.
- I serve as the Ethics Chair for the Georgia Psychological Association, and previously I was the Ethics chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia.
- I've developed numerous forms available for therapists in private or group practices based on years of managing a practice, ethics experience, and being hired by attorneys to provide expertise in malpractice lawsuits.
- I'm passionate about teaching, and I've been providing Continuing Education workshops for therapists as well as Stress Management workshops for businesses since 1997.
Most importantly, I've had the privilege to personally witness or hear about the journeys of literally thousands of clients: my own clients, my associates', my supervisees', my students', my ethics consultees', etc. It's because of these clients, their challenges & resilience that I've become passionate about teaching cutting edge treatments that work better and faster and encouraging all therapists to be grounded in ethics and integrity. I'm also passionate about mentoring therapists to develop fulfilling practices and balanced lives. My hope is that you will share what you learn at The Knowledge Tree with your clients, and even your families and communities and that you find us to be a place of refuge and inspiration.
Jordan Barbeau is the Business Manager and Workshop Coordinator for The Knowledge Tree. Jordan has a Bachelor's of Business Administration in Marketing and has extensive experience in online and social marketing. He also became a Hootsuite Social Marketing Certified Professional in 2019. Jordan has aided numerous small businesses and individuals. He has years of experience managing the details of the Continuing Education Workshops for The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute alongside Dr. Beaton in addition to helping to establish Sati Yoga in Atlanta, Georgia. Jordan has a diverse skill set outside of marketing, with experience in writing, accounting, web design, and more. Most importantly, he is basically The Knowledge Tree's go-to-guy for just about everything!
We have recruited some of the best speakers in the Atlanta area as well as from around the country. Dr. Beaton either attends a full workshop presented by our speakers or she personally interviews and hosts a "workshop audition" for each person who trains for The Knowledge Tree. Several other clinicians (feel free to volunteer) also attend each audition, and the speaker is evaluated in multiple areas. We evaluate each speaker's level of expertise on the topic presented, teaching skill, relatability, humor, humility, visual aids and handouts, experiential exercises (if applicable), cutting-edge concepts and research, inclusive language & ability to address diversity, current references, enthusiasm, and the speaker's ability to hold your interest for multiple hours!!
Discounts & Workshop Policies:
- Multiple Workshop or Multiple-Participant Discount:
- There is a 10% Discount with registration for two workshops or two or more participants registering for the same workshop together.
- There is a 15% Discount with registrations for three or four workshops or three or four participants registering together.
- There is a 20% Discount with registration for five or more workshops or five or more participants registering together.
- Please use the Registration Form, scan or take a picture, and email it back to us at [email protected] or call us at 404-913-2005.
- Please note: The multi-workshop/participant discount will NOT be given retroactively for previously purchased workshops. It will ONLY be applied to workshops purchased in the same transaction.
- Early Registration Deadline: Registration and payment must be received (or postmarked by the U.S. Post Office or other Mail/Package Carrier) no less than 2 weeks prior to the date of the workshop by 5:00 p.m. to receive the Early Registration Discount. The date for early registration is listed under each live webinar or in-person workshop.
- Student Discount: All CURRENTLY ENROLLED students are eligible for a 10% discount on any one workshop (this discount does not stack with the multi-workshop discount, and the multi-workshop discount will replace the student discount). In order to receive this discount, please email a copy of your ACTIVE student ID as well as a fully completed workshop registration form (this can be found HERE) to [email protected]
- General Refund Policy (see Hypnotherapy Certification Refund Policy below if applicable): ALL workshop refunds will be honored for cancellations received at least five (5) days prior to the date of a live webinar or live workshop. Unfortunately, we cannot issue refunds for On-Demand (Asynchronous) webinars due to the fact that once purchased, the participant has access immediately to all materials. Refunds will also not be issued due to technical limitations of the participant. We provide detailed instructions, and we are happy to assist in this area to a reasonable extent; however, we don't have the staff to guide you through every step of the process. Please note that payments made via Credit Card have certain fees associated with them, some of which are non-recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Knowledge Tree. Therefore, all workshop payments made by Credit Card will have a three percent credit card fee deducted from the refund. These fees do not apply to cash or check payments. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact Jordan Barbeau, our Workshop Coordinator at (404) 913-2005. Please note that registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be canceled no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the program (for more information, see below).
- Hypnotherapy Certification Program Refund Policy: Demand is very high for this program, and space is limited. Therefore, cancellations of registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be received no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the Certification program. Please note that payments made via Credit Card have certain fees associated with them, some of which are not recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Knowledge Tree. As such, if a refund for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program is requested, there will be a $75 fee deducted from the amount of the refund which, again, must be made 30 days prior to the start date. This fee does not apply to cash or check payments. However, these also must be made at least 30 days prior to the start of the program. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact our Workshop Coordinator at 404-913-2500.
- Newsletter & Confidentiality: By registering for a workshop, you agree to be added to our Workshop email list and newsletter. You may unsubscribe from this at any time. Our notifications and/or newsletter is always sent via a secure customer relationship management software. This software maintains the confidentiality of your email address so that others cannot see it. We promise never to sell or share any of your information ever.
- Security & Confidentiality in General: We collect only the information we need to process your continuing education certificates and to contact you with Zoom link information for live webinars. All identifying information regarding our participants is stored securely on The Knowledge Tree website within your own account that you create. We do not have access to anyone's passwords or credit card data.
- Credit Cards: Any purchase made on our website is processed through Stripe or PayPal. Both Stripe and PayPal are PCI compliant (PCI Service Provider Level 1). This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. All payments made over the phone are processed through Square, which is both PCI and HIPAA compliant. Square has even provided a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement for The Knowledge Tree.
- Identifying Information & Email Addresses: Additionally, as described above, our email notifications are always sent via a secure customer relationship management software. This software maintains the confidentiality of your email address so that others cannot see it. We also store all of our CE data for each workshop in the encrypted version of Google Works Drive, which is fully encrypted and Google has provided a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement for The Knowledge Tree. We promise never to sell or share any of your information ever.
- Credit Transfers: Because our continuing education workshop presenters are paid in full the day of the workshop, we cannot issue a credit transfer to a future workshop due to last-minute emergencies of any nature. This includes family emergencies, car trouble, illness, traffic delays, and/or getting lost. Therefore, if a refund is not requested five (5) days prior to the workshop in question, it is considered a late cancellation, and all money paid for the workshop will be forfeited by the registrant.
- Weather Cancellation Policy: All live (in person) scheduled workshops will take place on the specified date and time unless a “State of Emergency” is declared for greater than 50% of the State of Georgia, to include Cobb and Fulton counties. In such cases, the workshop will be rescheduled to a future date, and a monetary credit will be transferred from the original date to the newly rescheduled date. If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a credit shall remain on file for 12-months as applicable only for a future workshop facilitated by that specific presenter. Refunds will not be given for any weather-related event.
- ADA Requests: We will make every effort to accommodate any reasonable ADA request. Please call us at least two weeks prior to the event. Payment and registration are required to fulfill an ADA request.
- Returned Check Fee: Please note that there will be a $35.00 returned check fee if a personal or business check used to pay for a workshop is returned for any reason (e.g., insufficient funds, account closed, etc.).
- Complaint or Grievance: We are a small business, and we strive to offer the best possible customer service. Should you have a complaint or grievance, please contact us directly via email at [email protected] or call us M-F between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST at 404-913-2005. We will make every effort to make the issue right.
- Questions, Comments, or Suggestions: We are always open to your feedback and suggestions. We also want to answer any questions you may have in a timely fashion. Please email us at [email protected] or call us M-F between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST.
The Knowledge Tree
Attn: Workshop Registration
1640 Powers Ferry Road SE, Bldg 9-250
Marietta, GA 30067
Contact via Email or Phone:
Jordan Barbeau, Workshop Coordinator