About Us & Our Workshops
CEU Update in Georgia (10-20-20):
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists has approved Live Webinars ("synchronous") to be counted the same as LIVE from now on (including Ethics)!! Also, the Composite Board has approved 10 hours On-Demand ("asynchronous") and an additional five may be used for the Independent Study option. On-demand hours are considered "related hours." The Georgia Board of Psychologists has approved both Live & On-Demand Webinars to be counted the same as live workshops for the remainder of this renewal period (including Ethics)!! The Psychology Board has still not decided what they will approve next year. For your safety, all of our scheduled CE workshops for the foreseeable future will be available online via Live or On-Demand Webinars. Please stay safe.
About Dr. Becky Beaton & The Knowledge Tree
Hi, and thank you for visiting The Knowledge Tree!
I'm Dr. Becky Beaton and the Founder and Director of The Knowledge Tree. I also founded The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) back in 2004, where I created and managed the ASMI workshop program. I have since sold ASMI, and I am now teaching my workshops through The Knowledge Tree. I'm also excited about the amazing line-up of speakers we have for the upcoming year, which includes the excellent instructors I've sponsored in the past as well as other internationally renowned experts teaching the topics you have all been requesting.
In addition to providing continuing education via both live and online training, The Knowledge Tree is your place to visit to become inspired, grow, and get excited about cutting edge treatments and ideas. I want to hear from you and what you find interesting, and I will do my best to create either a brief video or a continuing education workshop around that topic. This is a gathering site for us to share knowledge and wisdom and for you to benefit from being part of our community.
A little more about who I am.....I'm a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Professional Counselor, and I've been practicing therapy since the 1900s (about 1991 to be more precise :-).
- I studied at the University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.) and Georgia State University (M.S., Ed.S. and PhD in Counseling Psychology).
- I am currently Adjunct Faculty for Emory University's Department of Psychology, and I have been adjunct faculty for Georgia State University's Department of Counseling Psychology.
- I founded and managed The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute, a large therapy practice, and I sold it as well as co-founded OCD Georgia, a non-profit affiliate of the International OCD Foundation.
- I had an incredible opportunity to be the psychologist for Discovery Studios'/TLC's hit series "Hoarding: Buried Alive" for four years and 60 episodes.
- The TV series opened the door for several other media experiences on Anderson Cooper, CNN, Good Morning America, and others.
- I love being a mentor and providing inspiration to fellow therapists. I've supervised hundreds of therapists to licensure, and I've provided practice development and ethics consultations to many more. I generally run about eight Business of Practice Consultation Groups each month for solo practitioners as well as larger practice owners.
- I serve as the Ethics Chair for the Georgia Psychological Association, and previously I was the Ethics chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia.
- I've developed numerous forms available for therapists in private or group practices based on years of managing a practice, ethics experience, and being hired by attorneys to provide expertise in malpractice lawsuits.
- I'm passionate about teaching, and I've been providing Continuing Education workshops for therapists as well as Stress Management workshops for businesses since 1997.
Most importantly, I've had the privilege to personally witness or hear about the journeys of literally thousands of clients: my own clients, my associates', my supervisees', my students', my ethics consultees', etc. It's because of these clients, their challenges & resilience that I've become passionate about teaching cutting edge treatments that work better and faster and encouraging all therapists to be grounded in ethics and integrity. I'm also passionate about mentoring therapists to develop fulfilling practices and balanced lives. My hope is that you will share what you learn at The Knowledge Tree with your clients, and even your families and communities and that you find us to be a place of refuge and inspiration.
Jordan Barbeau is the Business Manager and Workshop Coordinator for The Knowledge Tree. Jordan has a Bachelor's of Business Administration in Marketing and has extensive experience in online and social marketing. He also became a Hootsuite Social Marketing Certified Professional in 2019. Jordan has aided numerous small businesses and individuals. He has years of experience managing the details of the Continuing Education Workshops for The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute alongside Dr. Beaton in addition to helping to establish Sati Yoga in Atlanta, Georgia. Jordan has a diverse skill set outside of marketing, with experience in writing, accounting, web design, and more. Most importantly, he is basically The Knowledge Tree's go-to-guy for just about everything!
We have recruited some of the best speakers in the Atlanta area as well as from around the country. Dr. Beaton either attends a full workshop presented by our speakers or she personally interviews and hosts a "workshop audition" for each person who trains for The Knowledge Tree. Several other clinicians (feel free to volunteer) also attend each audition, and the speaker is evaluated in multiple areas. We evaluate each speaker's level of expertise on the topic presented, teaching skill, relatability, humor, humility, visual aids and handouts, experiential exercises (if applicable), cutting-edge concepts and research, inclusive language and ability to address diversity, current references, enthusiasm, and the speaker's ability to hold your interest for multiple hours!!
Workshop Discounts & Policies:
- Multiple Workshop Special: There is a 10% Discount with registration for two workshops. There is a 15% Discount with registrations for three or four workshops. There is a 20% Discount with registration for five or more workshops. Please use the Registration Form, scan or take a picture, and email it back to us at [email protected] Please note: The multi-workshop discount will NOT be given retroactively for previously purchased workshops. It will ONLY be applied to workshops purchased in the same transaction.
- Early Registration Deadline: Registration and payment must be received (or postmarked by the U.S. Post Office or other Mail/Package Carrier) no less than 2 weeks prior to the date of the workshop to receive the Early Registration Discount.
- Student Discount: All CURRENTLY ENROLLED students are eligible for a 10% discount on any one workshop (this discount does not stack with the multi-workshop discount, and the multi-workshop discount will replace the student discount). In order to receive this discount, please email a copy of your ACTIVE student ID as well as a fully completed workshop registration form (this can be found HERE) to [email protected]
- General Refund Policy (see Hypnotherapy Certification Refund Policy below if applicable): ALL workshop refunds will be honored for cancellations received at least five (5) days prior to the date of the workshop. However, please note that payments made via Credit Card have certain fees associated with them, some of which are non-recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Knowledge Tree. Therefore, all workshop payments made by Credit Card will have a three percent credit card fee deducted from the refund. These fees do not apply to cash or check payments. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact Jordan Barbeau, our Workshop Coordinator at (404) 913-2005. Please note that registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be cancelled no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the program (for more information, see below).
- Hypnotherapy Certification Program Refund Policy: Demand is very high for this program, and space is limited. Therefore, cancellations of registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be received no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the Certification program. Please note that payments made via Credit Card have certain fees associated with them, some of which are not recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Knowledge Tree. As such, if a refund for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program is requested, there will be a $75 fee deducted from the amount of the refund which, again, must be made 30 days prior to the start date. This fee does not apply to cash or check payments. However, these also must be made at least 30 days prior to the start of the program. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact our Workshop Coordinator at 404-913-2500.
- Newsletter: By registering for a workshop, you agree to be added to our Workshop email list and newsletter. You may unsubscribe from this at any time.
- Credit Transfers: Because our continuing education workshop presenters are paid in full the day of the workshop, we cannot issue a credit transfer to a future workshop due to last minute emergencies of any nature. This includes family emergencies, car trouble, illness, traffic delays, and/or getting lost. Therefore, if a refund is not requested within five (5) days prior to the workshop in question, it is considered a late cancellation, and all money paid for the workshop will be forfeited by the registrant.
- Weather Cancellation Policy: All scheduled workshops will take place on the specified date and time unless a “State of Emergency” is declared for greater than 50% of the State of Georgia, to include Cobb and Fulton counties. In such cases, the workshop will be rescheduled to a future date, and a monetary credit will be transferred from the original date to the newly rescheduled date. If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a credit shall remain on file for 12-months as applicable only for a future workshop facilitated by that specific presenter. Refunds will not be given for any weather-related event.
- CE Certificate Replacement Fee: In the event you fail to obtain or misplace your CE certificate for any continuing education workshop offered by The Knowledge Tree, you have 1 year to request your certificate free of charge. If you are requesting certificate replacement for a workshop held more than 1 year after the date of the workshop, a $20.00 CE certificate replacement fee will be imposed and must be paid in full prior to TKT issuing the replacement certificate.
- Returned Check Fee: Please note that there will be a $35.00 returned check fee if a personal or business check used to pay for a workshop is returned for any reason (e.g. insufficient funds, account closed, etc.).
*NOTE: As of 2/1/20, TKT is no longer an NBCC ACEP. We will be submitting CE applications for all of our core hour workshops to LPCA to continue offering hours for LPCs and LAPCs.
For Single Workshops:
To Register for individual workshops, you may use our Online Payment Option available on every workshop page, phone in your credit card to (404) 913-2005, or to pay by check, you may print and complete the Registration Form and mail to our office (address below) or scan/take a photo of the form and email a copy to [email protected]
10% Discount with registration for two workshops or two people attending together
15% Discount for registration for three or four workshops or three or four people attending together
20% Discount for registration for five or more workshops or five people attending together
Here's How to Receive the Discount: You may print and complete the Registration Form, scan or take a picture of the form, and email it to our office at [email protected]; or, you may contact our Workshop Coordinator by phone at 404-913-2005. We will process your registration to include any applicable multi-workshop discount.
The Knowledge Tree
Attn: Workshop Registration
1640 Powers Ferry Road SE
Marietta, GA 30067
Contact via Email or Phone:
Jordan Barbeau, Workshop Coordinator