Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) in Clinical Practice - 5 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, June 17, 2022
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 6/17, you can register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/dbt-in-clinical...
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EDT
- CE Hours Included: 5 Core (see below for details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar ("Synchronous") on Zoom
- Investment: $115 before Friday, June 3 at 5:00pm EDT, $130 after
- Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- This workshop is a prerequisite to Advanced DBT in Clinical Practice
- Define basic Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) terminology.
- Discuss DBT concepts and their utilization in clinical practice.
- Describe the four skills training modules of DBT.
- Identify several DBT skills training exercises to be used in a group format.
- Apply validation strategies to help increase a client's readiness to change.
The DBT in Clinical Practice presentation will explore mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, radical acceptance, and interpersonal effectiveness. We will review the basic concepts and terminology of DBT. Participants will learn how to apply DBT principles in their personal clinical practice settings. Examples of group exercises and content application will be provided.
By attending this presentation, the participants will have a better understanding of DBT concepts and terminology. Ways to apply the therapy to individual practice will be illuminated, which are the techniques that are best practices with people who have come from invalidating or abusive environments. Participants will have a strong foundation of DBT concepts as a result of this workshop.
Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW
Tara Arnold, PhD, LCSW, CEDS-S is the Clinical Director and co-founder of WholeHeart Psychotherapy, a practice specializing in healing relationships with food, sex, and body. Dr Arnold is intensively trained in DBT an d a renowned speaker in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and has presented nationally educating clinicians on DBT techniques since 1999. In her practice at WholeHeart Psychotherapy in Atlanta, Dr Arnold conducts individual therapy and group therapy in body image, DBT, interpersonal dynamics, and healing eating disorders.
- 9:30 - 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 - 11:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 11:30 - 11:45 Break
- 11:45 - 1:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Lunch Break
- 2:00 - 3:00 Afternoon Session
- 3:00 - 3:15 Break
- 3:15 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
What people are saying about this workshop:
- “This was the clearest explanation of DBT I have ever experienced.”
- “Fabulous! Super knowledgeable. Wish we had more time.”
- “Excellent workshop session. An excellent fund of knowledge and information presented in an outstanding, truly effective way.”
- “Excellent treatment-specific workshop and a great presenter.”
- “Great presenter! Nice to have a change to move beyond the basics in DBT .”
- "Dr. Arnold certainly knows DBT!" - MVK, LPC
- "Everything I learned today was new and different." - UW, LCSW
- "I enjoyed this workshop and the presenter kept me engaged." AL, LPC
- "Great workshop! Nice balance of slides and videos" - SL, Psychologist
- "Very well prepared and presented" - DJ, LPC
- "Dr. Arnold was very impressive. The information presented gave me the language that I try to verbalize in notes and to my clients. I believe my imagination was stirred to convey my ideas and opinions. The concept came to life for me from the workshop. Thank you" - CT, APC
- "I think it was great information. The presenter was knowledgedable and shared appropriate visual aids." - CW, LMSW
- "Outstanding workshop. Recruited me to the DBT perspective! Gained lots of overview information on DBT that motivated me to dive deeper." - MG, Clinical Psychologist
- "I feel the entire presentation was well done from the instructor to the handouts. I especially enjoyed the inclusion of video segments." - AWE
- "enjoyed the workshop-kept my interest throughout! competent, presentation was well thought out" – JG
- "I enjoyed the webinar approach versus your standard zoom meeting where videos and mute is accessible by attendees. Also the Q&A option made the information more streamlined and focused the flow of the information being shared and when. The presenter was very knowledgeable and explained content clearly and thoroughly given time constraints." - MP, APC
5 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Licensed in Canada? This workshop is approved for 5 credit hours through CCPA, event code 64958182.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #042522. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #069-2022. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- *Licensed in another state as a social worker or marriage & family therapist? Many states will accept CEs for Social Workers & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state. Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states accept APA & NBCC approved workshops, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
This course is closed for enrollment.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.