On-Demand: Ethics in Couples Therapy: What You Need to Know - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 6 Ethics, Core, or Related (please see below for details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $135
- Presented by: David Woodsfellow, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- The on-demand version of this workshop is not yet available. By pre-registering for this workshop, you will receive access as soon as it is available in August.
At the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Name the single most important thing to know before meeting with a new couple.
- State one presenting problem for which couples therapy is NOT indicated.
- State one presenting problem for which couples therapy is the optimal treatment.
- List the four topics you need to discuss with your clients before shifting from couples therapy to individual therapy.
- Describe the two different types of “secrets policies.”
- Identify an example of a therapist value that should be shared. Explain why.
- Identify an example of a therapist value that should NOT be shared. Explain why.
- Discuss what to do when a prospective couple complains about their previous therapist.
Presented by: David Woodsfellow, Ph.D.
Dr. David Woodsfellow is a licensed psychologist whose practice is 100% couples therapy. He has been seeing couples -- only couples, no individuals -- for 20 years, and teaching other therapists about couples therapy for 15 years. His workshops are highly engaging and immediately useable.
6 Ethics, Core, or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: This workshop has been approved for 5 Core Hours as an "On-Demand - asynchronous" course by NBCC (ACEP # above). NBCC hours satisfy the requirements of the Georgia Composite Board. They do not need to be approved by LPCA. This 5 CE course needs to be "Core" because the Georgia Composite Board requires that all Ethics hours be obtained either live or via a live synchronous webinar.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your specific state rules to be certain.
- Licensed in Canada as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through CCPA.
- Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- Georgia: Because we have national approval for all our courses through APA, this workshop would be part of your option for up to 15 "Related Hours." For Masters Licensed Therapists in Georgia, "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra five would be your optional Independent Study hours). "Ethics" hours must be obtained via a live "Synchronous" event (either in-person or Live Webinars). Please see our Live Webinars for Ethics options.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or MFT: The Knowledge Tree has national approval for all our courses through APA. Many states will accept APA-approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.