Supervision: Ethical & Legal Issues (For Georgia LPCs Only) - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
When and Where:
- Date: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
- CEs Included: 6 Ethics or Core CE Hours for Georgia Counselors ONLY- please see below for details
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $135 before Thursday, May 27 at 5:00pm EST, $155 after
- Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D., LPC, CPCS (see bio below)
- Compare the new Composite Board Licensing Requirements in Georgia (Oct 1, 2018) to the previous ones for LAPCs and LPCs.
- Identify the LPCA-GA requirements for Certification and Recertification of the CPCS
- Review several Ethical Guidelines related to Counseling and Supervision: CPCS, NBCC, ACA, AMHCA, and the ACES Best Practices in Clinical Supervision.
- Summarize what you need to include in your Supervisory Informed Consent as well as other supervisory and supervisee required documentation.
- Discuss the vicarious liability every supervisor needs to be aware of as well as procedures to put in place to minimize risk.
- Describe the importance of ascertaining supervisee competence, reviewing notes, and running a successful supervision group.
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D., LPC, CPCS
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor (CPCS). She has supervised several hundred individuals to licensure since 1997. Dr. Beaton-York has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee since 2010 and Ethics Chair since 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair & Supervisory Registry Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and helped create the original requirements for the CPCS. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton-York is the Founder of The Knowledge Tree. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton-York was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 - 1:15 Lunch Break
- 1:15 - 2:45 Afternoon Session
- 2:45 - 3:00 Break
- 3:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
What people are saying about Dr. Beaton-York's Ethics workshops:
- "I only take ethics trainings from Dr. Becky. Somehow she makes it fun, the time flies by, and I know I'm getting the correct information!"
- "I was dreading doing this - expecting it to be boring & anxiety producing. Becky's approach made it interesting, relevant, and encouraging!" J.T.
- "Extraordinary! As always, Dr. Beaton is engaging, easy to understand - and the time flies by!" B.D.
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "I always feel we're getting the latest info with Becky!" A.S.
6 Ethics or Core CE Clock Hours:
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has applied for ethics and core CE hours for GEORGIA COUNSELORS ONLY through LPCA of Georgia. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.