On-Demand: Treating Insomnia: Current Issues and Future Directions - 5 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 5 Core (please see below for details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $115
- Presented By: Anne
Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
- Explain the basic science of sleep and dispel myths – some clinician-instilled – that might be interfering with clients’ sleep.
- Discuss the most common sleep disorders, how they present in non-medical clinical practice, and the intersection of sleep and psychopathology.
- Discuss the main components of cognitive-behavioral treatment for insomnia and demonstrate the application of CBT-I principles to different types of insomnia clients through case studies.
- Describe where clinicians get stuck with CBT-I and demonstrate treatment tweaks that have worked.
- Analyze recent approaches to insomnia treatment such as Mindfulness-Based Therapy for Insomnia and the transdiagnostic approach and how they can be integrated into a CBT-I practice.
Chronic insomnia is a common disorder that will strike up to 30% of the population and does not discriminate by gender, race, or socioeconomic status. Although cognitive-behavioral treatment for insomnia (CBT-I) is a first-line treatment recommendation, certified practitioners can be difficult to find, as are training opportunities. Come learn the basics of CBT-I and how to overcome common treatment roadblocks from one of Georgia’s only certified behavioral sleep medicine specialists who has a full-time practice specializing in it.
Presented by: Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M. is a licensed psychologist and a certified behavioral sleep medicine specialist. She started her professional career as the clinical director of a sleep disorders center and founded Atlanta Insomnia & Behavioral Health Services, P.C. in 2010 in order to focus specifically on the intersection of sleep and psychopathology. At any one time, approximately 80-90% of her caseload time consists of patients with insomnia.
Dr. Bartolucci is a sought-after speaker and conference panelist and has taught workshops and classes for several organizations such as the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine, and the Georgia Psychological Association. She is also adjunct faculty at Emory University and lectures to the fellows and psychology graduate students. She is the author of two nonfiction books - Business Basics for Private Practice: A Guide for Mental Health Practitioners (2017; Routledge) and Better Sleep for the Overachiever, which she released this spring. Finally, she has a not-so-secret other life as a fiction author under the pen name Cecilia Dominic, and sleep and its mysteries keep sneaking into her storylines.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Presenter is well-versed in this area. Her presentation style is great. Love her sense of humor." - TK, Psychologist
- "The workshop was great and I very much enjoyed the presenter's sense of humor. I learned that there is so much misinformation out there about sleep and am very grateful for having those myths dispelled." - CL
- "She was great! Personable and knowledgeable! I have so much more to offer clients now." - HC, LPC
5 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Licensed in Canada as a Counselor: This workshop is approved for 5 credit hours through CCPA, event code 64956045.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #060420. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Social Workers: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker: Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #087-2020. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Marriage & Family Therapist: Please see the yellow highlighted section just below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists if that workshop has approved status from another state association which ours have been (see above). Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states will accept APA & NBCC approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations. We strongly recommend saving the course description and educational objectives, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity, and please contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.