On-Demand: Therapist and Coach: An Ethical Path to Adding Coaching Services to Your Practice - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 3 Ethics, Core, or Related (please see below for details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $87
- Presented by: Anne McSorley, LPC and Patricia A. Daly, JD (see bios below)
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Identify the similarities and differences between counseling and coaching
- Highlight the core coaching skills most therapists possess, and the variety of paths to beginning a coaching practice
- Analyze coaching issues in the context of ethical codes of conduct, with a specific focus on professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Explore the coaching process and the development of the coaching relationship
- Evaluate an array of sample coaching sessions that demonstrate the types of issues clients typically bring to their coaches and the ethical concerns they raise
- Discuss common business and ethical matters involved in managing two types of practices
Presented by: Anne McSorley, LPC, ACS, NCC, BCC
Anne McSorley is an accomplished business consultant and executive coach who has been based in Atlanta for over 35 years. Her work largely centers on organizational health and workplace consultation, both for the executive and the team. Her executive coaching practice includes C-level executives and middle managers throughout the United States and internationally. Her expertise is in emerging leaders and how they perform in the workplace, and she attracts clients who change the world and themselves in the process.
Pat Daly has worked for more than two decades training and advising lawyers, managers, directors, and leaders. She understands protocol and hierarchy in corporations, law firms, academia, and non-profit organizations. Pat's clients are focused on improving their professional performance and navigating interpersonal issues in the workplace, as well as career development, promotions, and other transitions. Pat develops dynamic coaching sessions and directs training workshops on essential skills, including communication, supervision, and change management.
A former two-term member of the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board and lecturer in Professional Responsibility, Pat’s fluency in ethics informs all of her work. It also sets her apart from her coaching peers. Her focus on meeting ethical obligations in all circumstances drives her clients to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity. Pat is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and a Board Certified Coach.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Eye opening as far as the growing field of coaching. Also there was a lot of helpful input with regard to the ethics of working as an LPC and a Coach. Thanks so much... this came at a good time in my professional life." - RQS, LPC
- "Wonderful and knowledgeable presenters. This was one of the best webinars that I have attended." - JD, LPC
- "Great--I appreciated the dialogue and answering questions! I also really appreciated being given tools to diversify my practice." - EB, LPC
- "Anne was very informative and knows this lane! Thank you, Dr. Beaton for ALL you do! :)" - JC, LPC
- "The various cases presented were extremely helpful--it cleared up a lot of murky territory for me. Great presentation!" - MD, LMSW
- "Wonderful and informative workshop as usual." - SJ, psychologist
- "Really enjoyed the scenarios and Anne's sharing of her rationale." - SJ, LPC
- "The presenters know their stuff - very helpful." - JW, LCSW
- "Very professional presentation; thorough & informative." - MED, LPC
- "The workshop was organized and informative. It gave me a lot to consider." - SW, LPC
- "Presenters kept me engaged, very hilarious, knowledgeable." - AM
3 Ethics, Core, or Related “Asynchronous” CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. For more detailed information regarding CE approvals, please click here.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 3 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #120922. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: Many states will accept APA and/or NBCC approved continuing education hours for Marriage & Family Therapists, but please check your specific state’s rules & regulations. For Georgia specific information regarding MFT approval, please go to our CE Information page, by clicking here and scroll down to the map of Georgia.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.