To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
- CEs: 5 Core Education Clock Hours for Psychologists (through APA) or 5 "Related" Continuing Education Hours for Counselors (through LPCA of GA), Social Workers (through GSCSW) & Marriage and Family Therapists (through GAMFT).
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $115
Important CEU Information (Updated 10/20/20)
On-Demand Webinars: Defined as “asynchronous” workshops that are prerecorded, and you may watch them at your leisure on your own time.
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists:
For Masters Licensed Therapists, both On-Demand ("Asynchronous") Webinars and "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra 5 would be your optional Independent Study hours). Therefore, this workshop would be counted as part of your allotted 15 "Related Hours." Please see our Live Webinars for Core and Ethics hours. For details regarding this new rule from the Secretary of State, click here.
The Georgia Board of Psychologists:
Has approved Live Webinars and On-Demand Webinars to be counted the same as live workshops for the remainder of this renewal period (including Ethics!!!). We are still awaiting The Board’s decision regarding the next renewal cycle.
- Recognize basic DBT terminology.
- Identify the four skills training modules of DBT practice.
- Identify the DBT skills training group exercises.
- Utilize basic DBT concepts to their clinical practice.
- Utilize basic validation strategies to help clients' readiness to change in their clinical practice.
The DBT in Clinical Practice presentation will explore mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, radical acceptance, and interpersonal effectiveness. We will review the basic concepts and terminology of DBT. Participants will learn how to apply DBT principles in their personal clinical practice settings. Examples of group exercises and content application will be provided.
By attending this presentation, the participants will have a better understanding of DBT concepts and terminology. Ways to apply the therapy to individual practice will be illuminated, which are the techniques that are best practices with people who have come from invalidating or abusive environments. Participants will have a strong foundation of DBT concepts as a result of this workshop.
Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW
Tara Arnold, PhD, LCSW, CEDS-S is the Clinical Director and co-founder of WholeHeart Psychotherapy, a practice specializing in healing relationships with food, sex, and body. Dr Arnold is intensively trained in DBT an d a renowned speaker in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and has presented nationally educating clinicians on DBT techniques since 1999. In her practice at WholeHeart Psychotherapy in Atlanta, Dr Arnold conducts individual therapy and group therapy in body image, DBT, interpersonal dynamics, and healing eating disorders.
What people are saying about Dr. Arnold's workshops:
- "Excellent Workshop! Presenter was clear and concise. Well planned! She provided practical skills to use with clients. Lastly Tara Knows her stuff! Expert!" - D.L.M.
- "The workshop was practical, stayed on task while remaining engaging. I loved the experiential aspects and believe this really helped solidify the information presented." - L.B.
- "Love all the skills. I actually loved that most of the things said were included in the slides. In this case, the wordier the better. So many physical tools and the tapping skills were really impressive." - D.E.
- "I like how she used videos to help explain her points. She was very engaging!" - S.M.H.
- "Seasoned teacher with great examples and different opportunities/ways to learn content." - J.D.S.
- "Presenter is fantastic; excellent training." - R.A.
- "The presenter was very prepared and the videos were perfectly chosen." - C.L.
- "Presenter is expert in her knowledge and skills. There are those that have the knowledge but can not teach but Dr. Arnold has the knowledge and CAN teach." - K.T.
5 Core or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: This workshop was originally approved for 5 core hours through the Licensed Professional Counselors Association (LPCA) of Georgia, approval #2021-02-12-328AW; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Social Workers: This workshop was originally approved for 5 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, approval #120620; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop was originally approved for 5 core hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, approval #151-2020; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.