Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP) for Children & Adolescents - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, February 25, 2022
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (please see below for more details)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar ("Synchronous") on Zoom
- Investment: $135 before Friday, February 11 at 5:00pm EST, $155 after
- Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- If you are not able to attend this workshop on 2/25, we will be making it available on-demand shortly after the live version. Follow this link to pre-register for the on-demand version: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/erp-for-kids-on...
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Describe the cutting-edge research on Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) and how it relates to children and adolescents
- Briefly review anxiety disorders seen in children and adolescents
- Discuss how to communicate ERP with children/adolescents and their parents to gain willingness for consistency in treatment for anxiety and OCD
- Identify treatment planning steps useful for doing ERP with children/adolescents
- Discuss exposure-based skills to help navigate high levels of anxiety
- Identify tactics to improve motivation and develop reinforcers to keep clients engaged in ERP
- Discuss parental involvement in the ERP process and how to encourage parent collaboration in home-based exposures activities.
- Demonstrate ERP based activities to do with children/adolescents
- Identify obstacles to treating children/adolescents with anxiety and analyze how to navigate these obstacles clinically
- Develop useful tools and resources for children/adolescents and their parents to become educated on ERP
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) is the Gold Standard for treating anxiety and OCD spectrum disorders. Even individuals who experience high levels of Generalized Anxiety Disorder can benefit from ERP. Doing ERP with children and adolescents can be challenging because you are not only working with the child but their parents as well. There are more factors to consider when using ERP with children and adolescents because they do not have a fully developed prefrontal cortex, and their parents may be unknowingly feeding into the client’s anxiety. This workshop is aimed to help participants learn effective techniques and interventions to use for children and adolescents with high amounts of anxiety and OCD. Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand will also educate participants on the importance of parental involvement in the ERP process and how to encourage parent collaboration in home-based exposure activities. The presenter will also provide various creative and fun exposure activities to keep kids engaged. Finally, participants will learn ERP tailored skills developed by Dr. Von Wiegand to help the young mind learn to accept anxiety’s presence and face anxiety with courage and strength. Overall, participants will have a better understanding of how to use ERP with children and adolescents and they will be ready to apply these techniques immediately.
Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand Ph.D., LPC, CCH, NCC
Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D., LPC, CPCS, CCH, NCC is the Clinical Director and founder of Liberating Counseling Services, a practice specializing in anxiety disorders, self-harming behaviors, addictions, and behavior change. In her practice at Liberating Counseling Services, Dr. Von Wiegand provides individual and group therapy for OCD spectrum disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, and addiction for children, adolescents, and adults. Dr. Von Wiegand is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Schema Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist. Dr. Von Wiegand is also the founder of a supervision, consultation, and training venture known as Clinician Collaborative. Through Clinician Collaborative, she provides resources and tools for clinicians seeking to expand their understanding of modalities she specializes in. She loves presenting and equipping clinicians with tools and resources to help them thrive in their practice.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 - 1:15 Lunch Break
- 1:15 - 2:45 Afternoon Session
- 2:45 - 3:00 Break
- 3:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
6 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- For Georgia Psychologists, all online webinars (both live and on-demand) count the same as live for 2021 (including ethics). The Board states it will go back to the pre-COVID rules in 2022. You may complete all 40 CEUs this year while you have options.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This workshop is also approved for 6 core CEs through LPCA of GA, approval #2022-01-04-739LW.
- Licensed in another state? The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules regarding live webinars vs. live workshops.
- Licensed in Canada? The Knowledge Tree has applied for approval for this workshop through CCPA.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 6 core hours through GSCSW, approval #120721. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 6 core hours through GAMFT, approval #168-2021. Now in Georgia, Live Webinars count the same as a Live In-Person Workshop.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the highlighted section below.*
- *Licensed in another state as a social worker or marriage & family therapist? Many states will accept CEs for Social Workers & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state. Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states accept APA & NBCC approved workshops, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.