Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP) for Children & Adolescents - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
When & Where:
- Date: Friday, June 23, 2023
- If you cannot attend this workshop on 6/23, you can register for the on-demand version here: https://www.theknowledgetree.org/p/erp-for-kids-on...
- Time: 10:00am - 5:15pm Eastern Time
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (see below for more information)
- Location: Live Interactive Webinar (“Synchronous”) on Zoom
- Investment: $140 before Friday, June 9th at 5:00pm Eastern Time, $160 after
- Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D. (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Describe the cutting-edge research on Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) and how it relates to children and adolescents
- Briefly review anxiety disorders seen in children and adolescents
- Discuss how to communicate ERP with children/adolescents and their parents to gain willingness for consistency in treatment for anxiety and OCD
- Identify treatment planning steps useful for doing ERP with children/adolescents
- Discuss exposure-based skills to help navigate high levels of anxiety
- Identify tactics to improve motivation and develop reinforcers to keep clients engaged in ERP
- Discuss parental involvement in the ERP process and how to encourage parent collaboration in home-based exposures activities.
- Demonstrate ERP based activities to do with children/adolescents
- Identify obstacles to treating children/adolescents with anxiety and analyze how to navigate these obstacles clinically
- Develop useful tools and resources for children/adolescents and their parents to become educated on ERP
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) is the Gold Standard for treating anxiety and OCD spectrum disorders. Even individuals who experience high levels of Generalized Anxiety Disorder can benefit from ERP. Doing ERP with children and adolescents can be challenging because you are not only working with the child but their parents as well. There are more factors to consider when using ERP with children and adolescents because they do not have a fully developed prefrontal cortex, and their parents may be unknowingly feeding into the client’s anxiety. This workshop is aimed to help participants learn effective techniques and interventions to use for children and adolescents with high amounts of anxiety and OCD. Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand will also educate participants on the importance of parental involvement in the ERP process and how to encourage parent collaboration in home-based exposure activities. The presenter will also provide various creative and fun exposure activities to keep kids engaged. Finally, participants will learn ERP tailored skills developed by Dr. Von Wiegand to help the young mind learn to accept anxiety’s presence and face anxiety with courage and strength. Overall, participants will have a better understanding of how to use ERP with children and adolescents and they will be ready to apply these techniques immediately.
Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand Ph.D., LPC, CCH, NCC
Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D., LPC, CPCS, CCH, NCC is the Clinical Director and founder of Liberating Counseling Services, a practice specializing in anxiety disorders, self-harming behaviors, addictions, and behavior change. In her practice at Liberating Counseling Services, Dr. Von Wiegand provides individual and group therapy for OCD spectrum disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, and addiction for children, adolescents, and adults. Dr. Von Wiegand is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Schema Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist. Dr. Von Wiegand is also the founder of a supervision, consultation, and training venture known as Clinician Collaborative. Through Clinician Collaborative, she provides resources and tools for clinicians seeking to expand their understanding of modalities she specializes in. She loves presenting and equipping clinicians with tools and resources to help them thrive in their practice.
- 9:30 - 10:00 Sign-In
- 10:00 - 11:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 11:30 - 11:45 Break
- 11:45 - 1:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 1:15 - 2:00 Lunch Break
- 2:00 - 3:30 Afternoon Session
- 3:30 - 3:45 Break
- 3:45 - 5:15 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 5:15 - Continuing Education Certificates Available
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "The presenter was fantastic and jam packed this with so many things. I appreciate her focusing on the work with clients and what we can do in the room with them. This training was wonderful!" - JP, LPC
- "Excellent mix of concepts with practical ideas/help. Presenter was great, knowledgeable and so sweet" - MS
- "FABULOUS presenter. I was hesitant about an all day training virtually but I would do it many times with this presenter." - BJ, LCSW
- "I loved the "doodles" and will definitely use the materials that were shared with my clients!" - LH, LPC
- "Great workshop - good presentation, well organized, great resources and case examples" - JW, LCSW
- "She was engaging. I enjoyed how she would share her personal experiences within implementing tx with clients. I would not change anything. Everything was new and thorough- I will use it in my work with clients. The family approach and slides were very helpful! Enjoyed the PD very much!" - CLH, LCSW
- "It was excellent, the handouts are very helpful." - DK, LPC
- "The presentation was awesome!" - JB, LPC
- "Amazing training that captivated my attention all day, which says a lot from this ADD brain of mine! The presenter sent tons of resources before the session even began and gave more during the training! I will definitely be signing up for another training by her and others from The Knowledge Tree!" - CG, LCSW
- "The presenter was knowledgeable. The material was excellent. This was a great workshop." - EDC, LMFT
- "She did a great job. Very informative, enthusiastic and personable." - DW, LPC
- "Very informative and love the visual tools." - DD, LCSW
- "Excellent presenter and information. I especially appreciate the activities that are so child-appropriate! I look forward to using these with my clients. Thank you!" - LKS, LPC
6 Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop is approved for 6 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64963105.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CEs through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #050423. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CEs through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #088-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at: