On-Demand: Human Sexuality: What Every Therapist Should Know - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (please see below for more information)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $135 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented by: Amanda Wolfe, Ph.D., LPC
- Identify sexual human anatomy, both internal and external, and function of these structures, as well as common medical and psychology factors that may impact functioning
- Define sexual, gender, orientation/attraction, and relationship diversity and identify inclusive language
- Trace the sexual development of children and adolescents with a special focus on how to identify non-developmentally appropriate behavior that may indicate sexual abuse
- Examine the diversity of sexual slang and how usage may impact clients
- Recognize the cognitive Dual Control mechanisms for sexual inhibition and exhibition
- Distinguish between atypical sexual behaviors/lifestyles and diagnoseable sexual pathology
- Apply the PLISSIT model of competency to client examples for ethical referral decision making and appraise one’s own level of competence
Ask yourself: when was the last time you were in a Sex Ed classroom? As Human Sexuality is often not required for licensure and is not a required college course for your degrees, it may have been high school. Chance are, though, that information is not helping you serve your clients now. Further, a lack of knowledge may be contributing to why so many clinicians are hesitant to discuss sexuality with their clients. This workshop will help you develop a working knowledge of many aspects of human sexuality to help you become more comfortable with this critical aspect of human life. In this workshop, we will fill in the gaps by covering a range of sexuality-related topics to build a strong biopsychosocial foundation of understanding, including how to assess your own competency.
Please note: This workshop will include open and candid discussion of and references to human bodies, anatomical parts, and sexual functioning as well as a frank discussion of the diversity of relational and sexuality diversity.
Presented by: Amanda Wolfe, Ph.D., LPC
Dr. Amanda Wolfe is a full-time Lecturer at Kennesaw State University and a licensed professional counselor. She earned her PhD in Counselor Education and Practice from Georgia Sate University in 2012 and holds five other academic degrees (two bachelor’s degrees, two masters degrees, and an EdS). Dr. Wolfe has experience working in various community agencies and settings to provide care to clients, primarily specializing in children and adolescents with diverse identities or in state custody. She has since transition to focus on teaching. She has been teaching in higher education for the last 13 years. In addition to being a faculty member in KSU’s department of Psychological Science and acting as their current Online Degree Coordinator, she has taught in the CACREP accredited graduate counseling programs at both Georgia State University and Argosy University. Dr. Wolfe has earned recognition for her outstanding teaching by both her colleagues and her students.
Dr. Wolfe’s specialty is Human Sexuality and she has worked as a sex educator for the last 15 years. She has lead sex education workshops and groups for children and teenagers, as well as relationship and sex-based workshops at local community events. Further, she has taught both undergraduate level courses and graduate level courses to train both masters and doctoral level clinicians in Human Sexuality, as well as several previous Continuing Education workshops for licensed professionals.
What People Are Saying About Dr. Wolfe's Workshops:
- "GREAT presentation overall. I would definitely recommend this training to colleagues who are not comfortable talking about sex!" - L.K.K.
- "Amanda came across as knowledgeable and approachable. She thoroughly reviewed concepts and did well in interacting with the audience despite virtual. Excellent CE!" E.B., Psychologist
- "Amanda is an excellent presenter and really knows her stuff" - M.K.R., LPC
6 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This workshop is also approved for Core CE hours through LPCA of Georgia, approval #2020-12-04-240AW.
- Georgia Counselors: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Licensed in Canada as a Counselor: This workshop is approved for 6 credit hours through CCPA, event code 64955820.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through GSCSW, approval #092020. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Social Workers: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker: Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through GAMFT, approval #129-2020. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Marriage & Family Therapist: Please see the yellow highlighted section just below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists if that workshop has approved status from another state association which ours have been (see above). Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states will accept APA & NBCC approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations. We strongly recommend saving the course description and educational objectives, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity, and please contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.