To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
- CEs: 6 Core Education Clock Hours for Psychologists (through APA) or 6 "Related" Continuing Education Hours for Counselors (through LPCA of GA), Social Workers (through GSCSW) & Marriage and Family Therapists (through GAMFT).
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and valuable handouts. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $135
Important CEU Information (Updated 10/20/20)
On-Demand Webinars: Defined as “asynchronous” workshops that are prerecorded, and you may watch them at your leisure on your own time.
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists:
For Masters Licensed Therapists, both On-Demand ("Asynchronous") Webinars and "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra 5 would be your optional Independent Study hours). Therefore, this workshop would be counted as part of your allotted 15 "Related Hours." Please see our Live Webinars for Core and Ethics hours. For details regarding this new rule from the Secretary of State, click here.
The Georgia Board of Psychologists:
Has approved Live Webinars and On-Demand Webinars to be counted the same as live workshops for the remainder of this renewal period (including Ethics!!!). We are still awaiting The Board’s decision regarding the next renewal cycle.
- Explain the research and strategies behind a variety of holistic interventions that increase mind-body health. These include but are not limited to diet, exercise, sleep, pursuit of meaning & purpose, mindfulness, sunlight, nature, social support, breathing, music, and even service animals.
- Discuss the body’s “stress system,” the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis, and outline clear strategies for treating stress-driven hormone imbalances.
- Introduce recent research which completely changes the way we need to think about stress and its effect on our physical and mental health.
- Summarize the plethora of natural supplements that may be used for anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues and if holistic approaches are right for your clients.
- Explain the Cytokine (Inflammatory) Theory of Depression and ways to keep inflammation in check to improve both our mental and physical health.
- Evaluate the benefits of increased brain-derived neurotrophic factors (fertilizer for the mind) and how to increase neuroplasticity, which helps with healing, learning, and mood.
We encourage our clients to participate in behavioral strategies for their mental health (diet, exercise, social support, mindfulness, laughter, etc.), but have you wondered what the recent research says about why these things work? This workshop will discuss the latest research and strategies for taking a more holistic approach to mental and physical health. Understanding the mind-body connection is truly the wave of the future for therapists, and it's about time mainstream medicine recognizes the importance! If you want to learn more about where healthcare is headed as well as some amazing strategies for increasing mind-body health, this is the workshop for you!
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D.
Dr. Becky Beaton-York is the Founder and Director of The Knowledge Tree in Atlanta, Georgia. Her specialty area during her doctorate was health psychology, and she is passionate about the Mind/Body connection. She was interviewed and featured on Dr. Oz's website about the gut/mental health connection. She has taught numerous workshops both nationally and internationally. In 2005, she was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia. Additionally, Dr. Beaton-York has completed over 60 episodes as the featured psychologist on the hit series "Hoarding: Buried Alive" and has made recent appearances on the Anderson Cooper Show, CNN Headline News, & Good Morning America.
6 Core or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: This workshop was originally approved for 6 core hours through LPCA of Georgia, approval #8872-0420W; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Social Workers: This workshop was originally approved for 6 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, approval #040420; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop was originally approved for 6 core hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, approval #067-2020; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.