On-Demand: A Polyvagal Approach to Preventing Burnout and Vicarious Trauma with Deb Dana - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (see below for more information)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $150
- Presented by: Deb Dana, LCSW (see bio below)
- Workshop Recording: A recording of this workshop is available to review for 60 days after the presentation. However, participants must attend live to receive the "Synchronous" CE Certificate.
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, and other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Review the three organizing principles of Polyvagal Theory: Autonomic Hierarchy, Neuroception, and the co-regulating pathways of the Social Engagement System
- Utilize autonomic responses to assess the risk of vicarious trauma and burnout
- Describe how the autonomic nervous system affects resilience
- Utilize Neuroception and a combination of individual and co-regulating experiences to create sustainable self-care practices and prevent burnout and vicarious trauma
- Assess the effectiveness of self-care strategies by tracking patterns of autonomic response
- Discuss the role of self- and co-regulating strategies
- Describe and experience a continuum of skills using the full response range of the Ventral Vagal state
- Craft a personalized autonomically informed resiliency plan that attends to physical, mental, relational, and spiritual practices.
Presented by: Deb Dana, LCSW
Deb Dana, LCSW, is an author, clinician, and consultant specializing in using the lens of Polyvagal Theory to understand and resolve the impact of trauma and create ways of working that honor the role of the autonomic nervous system. She developed the Rhythm of Regulation Clinical Training Series and lectures internationally on ways Polyvagal Theory informs work with trauma survivors. She is a founding member of the Polyvagal Institute, clinical advisor to Khiron Clinics, and an advisor to Unyte.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "The pace of the presentation was perfect because I had enough time to reflect on the information presented. I also appreciated the breakout group." - LH, LPC
- "Great workshop, a lot of information to take in. Very valuable!" - AA, Licensed Psychologist
- "Deb was very knowledgeable and relatable, you can tell she has a great deal of experience both professionally and personally." - NO, LCSW
- "Deb Dana presents with such ease and sets the tone for being in ventral for learning." - LS, LPC
- "I like that she is both knowledgable and personal. She is a real human who struggles with living life and is trying to figure our how best to access and honor her nervous system just as we are." - LB
- "Very knowledgeable and she has a fantastic, soothing voice." - MH, Ph.D.
- "Excellent! Great content versus application (via small group to cement learning) balance" - AR, LPC
- "I enjoyed the content, visuals and in vivo experiences. I also really enjoyed the break out experience. The language around the theory was new, as well as the approach, but very applicable to utilizing in my personal and professional experience. Thank you for a refreshing Friday Training!" - ES, LCSW
6 "Asynchronous" Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information regarding CE approvals.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop has been approved for 6 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64962268.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #030423. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #036-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at: