On-Demand: Ethical Decision Making in Clinical Supervision - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 3 Ethics, Core, or Related - Qualifies for the NBCC ACS and Georgia CPCS hours (please see below for details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $87 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented by: Nicole Thaxton, Ph.D., LPC, CPCS (see bio below)
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Review the purpose of supervision, role of the supervisor, and relevant ethical codes for clinical supervision.
- Discuss ethical decision making models and strategies for clinical supervision.
- Develop a personal framework for ethical decision making to aid supervisees in ethical decision making.
This workshop will educate Clinical Supervisors on the foundations of ethics and ethical decision making in clinical supervision. The presenter will address relevant ethical codes, common ethical mistakes, and ethical decision making strategies so that Clinical Supervisors will have a framework for conducting effective and ethical supervision. During this workshop, the presenter will provide examples of ethical scenarios and dilemmas in supervision to aid the Clinical Supervisor in developing their own ethical decision making model
Presented by: Nicole Thaxton Ph.D., LPC, CPCS
Nicole Thaxton, PhD, LPC, NCC, CPCS is the Co-Founder and Clinical Director of Atlanta Wellness Collective, a holistic counseling and wellness practice located in Acworth and Marietta, Georgia. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor who has counseled high achieving adults, adolescents, and their families in private practice since 2016. Dr. Nicole earned a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Georgia, M.A. in CMHC from Richmont Graduate University in Atlanta, and PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision from Mercer University. She has certificates and specializations in developmental trauma, child and adolescent counseling, and counseling supervision.
Dr. Nicole primarily counsels GenZ and Millennial clients (and their families) who experience high functioning anxiety. She founded and operates “The Anxious Achievers Club”, a weekly online newsletter and support community serving over 55K members.
In addition to her busy practice, Dr. Nicole provides clinical supervision for counselors in training. She also provides community development and continuing education through speaking engagements and trainings. Dr. Nicole has presented both locally and nationally to organizations, school counselors and educators, parent groups, churches, youth groups, and more. She is a frequent presenter at several national and local professional conferences. She has been interviewed on numerous podcasts related to mental health, high achievement, and leadership, and is considered a thought leader in the mental health space across multiple social media platforms. Dr. Nicole lives in the West Cobb community with her husband and fellow LPC, RJ, her amazing stepdaughter, and pup Moose.
3 Ethics, Core, or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: This workshop has been approved for 3 Core Hours as an "On-Demand - asynchronous" course by NBCC (ACEP # above). NBCC hours satisfy the requirements of the Georgia Composite Board. They do not need to be approved by LPCA. This 3 CE course needs to be "Core" because the Georgia Composite Board requires that all Ethics hours be obtained either live or via a live synchronous webinar.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your specific state rules to be certain.
- Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- Georgia: Because we have national approval for all our courses through APA, this workshop would be part of your option for up to 15 "Related Hours." For Masters Licensed Therapists in Georgia, "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra five would be your optional Independent Study hours). "Ethics" hours must be obtained via a live "Synchronous" event (either in-person or Live Webinars). Please see our Live Webinars for Ethics options.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or MFT: The Knowledge Tree has national approval for all our courses through APA. Many states will accept APA-approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.