On-Demand: Tailored Exposures for Specific OCD Themes - 6 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 6 Core (please see below for more details)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $140 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand, Ph.D. & Hamilton Von Wiegand, LPC (see bios below)
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Define & describe the 12 primary subtypes of OCD
- Discuss exposure-based skills beneficial in equipping clients to make lasting change
- Describe in-session exposures for the various subtypes
- Determine out-of-session exposures for the various subtypes
- Review activities useful for client growth in various OCD subtypes
- Describe the comprehensive treatment planning from the start of therapy through termination
Let’s face it, OCD may sometimes feel like a beast to work with: Am I doing the right exposure? Is this client even getting anywhere? Am I missing something? These are just few of the questions we might ask ourselves when working with clients who have OCD. Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) is the Gold Standard treatment when working with OCD; however, we know OCD is not a one-size-fits-all disorder.
This workshop is designed to help clinicians think outside the box when developing exposures for clients. In this workshop, participants will learn exposure-friendly skills to teach clients as well as activities to do in session to help your most difficult OCD clients thrive in resilience. Presenters will also describe how to take clients within the various subtypes from the beginning to the end of their therapeutic journey.
Presented by: Ashlenn Von Wiegand Ph.D., LPC, CPCS, CCH, NCC
Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand is the Clinical Director and founder of Liberating Counseling Services, a practice specializing in anxiety disorders, self-harming behaviors, addictions, and behavior change.In her practice, Dr. Von Wiegand and her clinicians provide individual and group therapy for OCD spectrum disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, and addiction for children, adolescents, and adults.Dr. Von Wiegand is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Schema Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist.Dr. Von Wiegand is also the founder of a supervision, consultation, and training venture known as Clinician Collaborative.Through Clinician Collaborative, she provides resources and tools for clinicians seeking to expand their understanding of modalities she specializes in.She loves presenting and equipping clinicians with tools and resources to help them thrive in their practice.
Hamilton Von Wiegand, LPC, CSAT, CMAT, CCH
Hamilton Von Wiegand is a professional counselor and therapist with a broad range of experience. He has worked in every level of clinical setting (in-home and community-based services, outpatient, PHP, psychiatric inpatient, and long-term residential treatment) with ages from 4 years old to 90 years old. Hamilton currently works in private practice alongside his wife Dr. Ashlenn Von Wiegand. Hamilton has extensive training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy (ST), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy, and is a certified clinical hypnotherapist. In his practice, he specializes in treating addictions and dual diagnosis clients, anxiety and OCD disorders, personality disorders, complex cases, and issues that don't fit into clear diagnostic categories. Hamilton has a deep passion for understanding the science, research, and philosophy underlying quality therapeutic interventions.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "Excellent material. The presenters were very well-informed. I appreciate their expertise and ease of answering questions that I asked during the presentation." - SG, LPC
- "Experts in their fields and incredibly efficient teachers!" - AOR
- "I think that the intructors did an incredible job working well together and presenting the information in concise manner." - SA, MSW
- "It was very structured and there were lots of helpful examples. Lots of new exposure ideas! This will help me get creative about what to use with clients." - ES, LCSW
- "I feel like I learned a lot and reiterated to myself that I do want to become certified in ERP. Really great training!" - PD, LAPC
- "It was very well organized and the explanation of the different types of OCD and the exposure treatments was very informative." - DP
- "The presenters provided current and relevant information that I can use in my practice." - BK
- "This training was very helpful in learning more about Ocd subtypes and how to develop exposures. TKT has really great presenters!" - HC, LPC
6 Core "Asynchronous" CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Please click here for more detailed information.
- Counselors Licensed in Canada: This workshop is approved for 6 credit hours through the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), event code: 64963673.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #060723. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #108-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.