On-Demand: Online Marketing for Therapists: Website Content Writing - 2 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 2 Core or Related (please see below for more information)
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint handout and multiple handouts & forms. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $40
- Presented by: Kelsi Collins
- Write engaging content that communicates what you do, who you serve, and why potential clients should book a consultation or appointment.
- Identify the tone of voice, language, and SEO keywords you should use to attract your ideal client.
- Create compelling content for your homepage, specialization pages, about page, FAQ page, and contact page using a fill-in-the-blank content template included in the course.
- Write a three-step call-to-action that inspires clients to book a consultation or appointment.
- Utilize a simple content formula to write content that gets to the core of your client’s biggest issues, concerns, and desires.
- Formulate content for popular search engines like Google by incorporating keywords throughout your content.
- Create a stand-out Psychology Today profile that showcases your expertise.
- Write relevant and captivating blog posts that increase traffic to your website and position you as an expert in your field.
Your website content is often the first impression you make. To attract your ideal clients, your content should speak directly to your clients’ most pressing mental health issues and therapy goals. Your website should say what you do, who you are, and why they should work with you.
During this course, you will get a simple template to write clear content that will encourage clients to seek out your services. We will go page-by-page through a therapy practice website including the homepage, about page, FAQ page, contact page, and specialization pages. Once you understand how to write compelling content, you will learn how to optimize your content for search engines like Google and Bing using SEO keywords. Finally, you will learn how to simplify the webpage and blog writing process so that you can write content that you are proud of. You will leave the course with a greater understanding of content writing, best practices for SEO content, and how to reach your ideal clients through the words you write.
Facilitated by: Kelsi Collins
Kelsi Collins is a content marketing expert in the field of Health and Human Services. She has over ten years of experience helping organizations write client-attracting content and achieve high rankings on search engines. Before her current position as the communications lead for the College of Health and Human Services at the University of California, Long Beach, she managed the content marketing efforts for an addiction and mental health center. In the first two months of working at the center, she increased SEO by 20% using best practices. Kelsi Collins graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Media Studies from the University of California, Berkeley, where she took classes in psychology, sociology, communications, and business. As an advocate of mental health, her goal is to help therapists connect with the clients that need their services the most.
What People are Saying About this Workshop:
- "Kelsi’s course gifted me with her expertise in content marketing, but kept it simple and digestible. Within a short period of time, she taught me how to plan, write, and optimize my content — I am amazed!" - LS
- "Kelsi explains content-writing in a clear and engaging manner. Because this workshop has activities where we pause, write and actually incorporate the concepts in real time as we learn, I feel empowered to apply these concepts on my own." - FS
- "Kelsi is exceptional. The organization of the presentation, the handouts, the Q&A, and the activities helped me recognize in real time that I'm capable of revamping my site. I was SO impressed!" - ES, LCSW
- "Great workshop and presenter." - AML, LPC
2 Core or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both real-time "synchronous" and on-demand "asynchronous") count the same as "live" throughout 2022 (including ethics). There is also a proposed Board rule to make this change permanent. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Licensed in another state: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Counselors: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Georgia Counselors: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Counselor: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) #7153, so all of our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your state rules.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 2 Related CE hours for social workers, since The Knowledge Tree is approved by APA to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Social Workers: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Social Worker: Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 2 Related CE hours for marriage & family therapists, since The Knowledge Tree is approved by APA to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: Per the Georgia Composite Board, Core CE hours are now permitted to be earned through on-demand "asynchronous" webinars, and will count the same as live in-person Core CE hours. Ten asynchronous hours are expressly permitted, and an additional five hours can be used as "independent study" hours.
- Licensed in another state as a Marriage & Family Therapist: Please see the yellow highlighted section just below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Social Worker or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists if that workshop has approved status from another state association which ours have been (see above). Additionally, we have national approval for all our courses through APA & NBCC. Many states will accept APA & NBCC approved continuing education hours, but please check your specific state rules & regulations. We strongly recommend saving the course description and educational objectives, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity, and please contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.