On-Demand: Writing a Book to Position Yourself as an Expert and Increase Practice Growth - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops or participants, please click here.
- CE Hours Included: 3 Core (please see below for details)
- Location: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $87 (provides lifetime access!)
- Presented By: Anne
Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
- Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Other Mental Health Professionals
- Instruction Level: Intermediate
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Discuss how to generate and narrow down a book topic idea and how to position it for success even before starting to write.
- Evaluate the writing process and how to get out of one’s own way and avoid getting stuck.
- Describe the different publishing paths and the basics of book marketing, which all authors have to do whether they’re traditionally or independently published.
Having a published book can serve as a powerful calling card and position you as an expert in your field. Many mental health practitioners have an idea – or several – for a manuscript but don’t know how to get started. Or perhaps they have a draft but don’t know what to do with it or how to navigate the twists and turns of the publishing world. In this workshop, traditionally and independently published (aka, “hybrid”) author Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M., will share her extensive knowledge of the writing process and publishing options to help you make good choices from the beginning and come out with the best book and publishing experience possible.
Presented by: Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M. is a licensed psychologist and a certified behavioral sleep medicine specialist. She started her professional career as the clinical director of a sleep disorders center and founded Atlanta Insomnia & Behavioral Health Services, P.C. in 2010 in order to focus specifically on the intersection of sleep and psychopathology.
Dr. Bartolucci has a not-so-secret other life as a U.S.A. Today bestselling fiction author under the pen name Cecilia Dominic. She was originally published by Samhain Publishing, and when they closed, she got her rights back and continued publishing on her own. As of summer 2023, she has released twenty-one novels and novellas, which have been well-reviewed by outlets such as Fresh Fiction and Library Journal. She is also the author of two nonfiction books under her real name - Business Basics for Private Practice: A Guide for Mental Health Practitioners (2017; Routledge) and Better Sleep for the Overachiever, which will be released in September.
Dr. Bartolucci is a sought-after speaker and conference panelist and has taught workshops and classes for several organizations such as the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine, and the Georgia Psychological Association. She is also adjunct faculty at Emory University and lectures to the fellows and psychology graduate students. As Cecilia Dominic, she has been an attending professional and/or guest at DragonCon, JordanCon, MidSouthCon, AnachroCon, ConCarolinas, and the Steampunk World’s Fair.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "She is a wonderful speaker - really appreciated her experience and encouragement and all the resources! Lovely!" - RL
- "The presenter was very knowledgeable in publishing and the mental health field, which enhanced this writing course." - CHS, LPC
- "It was a compressive blueprint to save time on thinking how to get a book published and to focus on the writing process." - JP
- "Much more useful content and takeaway information than I had expected. Really glad that I decided to register." - SJR
- "This is the type of workshop that really can get you unstuck. Thanks Anne!" - TAD
- "[I learned] How to write a book from beginning to end. Absolutely useful." - HAO
- "This presenter and topic were very interesting. I enjoyed the exercises, as I feel the exercises were a great way to practice what was being taught. The entire writing process was put into a clear perspective for me." - LKK
- "I really enjoyed Dr. Bartolucci; she was very engaging, candid, and so helpful. I wasn't sure what to expect in this training and I was going into this unsure if writing a book was for me. After this training, I feel very excited and motivated for the prospect of writing a book about my expertise. I think this was such a cool and unique idea for a training. I haven't seen this offered anywhere else so I was excited to join. I wasn't disappointed :)" - SA
- "The presenter was very organized and clear. The content was easy to follow and helpful as an introduction to translating clinical knowledge into a published format. I also appreciated the exercises to get me thinking tangibly about the process." - SWW, LPC
- "More engaging and reflective than I had expected! I learned so many things that I cannot even outline them all here. Thank you for the specific recommendations and guidance!" - KR, PsyD
- "Great presenter with excellent information. Have never explored this topic and it was very useful. Feeling motivated to move forward with something I have wanted to do for a while now." - MW, LMFT
- "It was very detailed and helpful. It was a good mix of presentation and exercises that helped get me toward the objective of the workshop." - JF, LCSW
- "Anne was engaging, interesting, and well-versed in the subject matter. She answered questions honestly and thoughtfully." - CEK, LCSW
3 "Asynchronous" Core CE Clock Hours Included - Details by License Type Below:
- PSYCHOLOGISTS: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For more detailed information on the current CE ruling in Georgia, or if you are licensed in another state or country, please click here.
- COUNSELORS: The Knowledge Tree has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), ACEP No. 7153. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Knowledge Tree is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. For more detailed information regarding CE approvals, please click here.
- SOCIAL WORKERS: This workshop is approved for 3 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW), approval #034023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
- MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (GAMFT), approval #059-2023. If you are licensed in another state or country, please click here for more detailed information.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount & refund policy, please click here.
We are an approved vendor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for easy reimbursement of educational expenses for VA employees.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.