On-Demand: Writing a Book to Position Yourself as an Expert and Increase Practice Growth - 3 CEUs
To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
- CEs: 3 Core Education Clock Hours for Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, & Marriage and Family Therapists (please see below for details)
- Location: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and references. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $82
- Discuss how to generate and narrow down a book topic idea and how to position it for success even before starting to write.
- Explore the writing process and how to get out of one’s own way and avoid getting stuck.
- Learn about the different publishing paths and the basics of book marketing, which all authors have to do whether they’re traditionally or independently published.
Having a published book can serve as a powerful calling card and position you as an expert in your field. Many mental health practitioners have an idea – or several – for a manuscript but don’t know how to get started. Or perhaps they have a draft but don’t know what to do with it or how to navigate the twists and turns of the publishing world. In this workshop, traditionally and independently published (aka, “hybrid”) author Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M., will share her extensive knowledge of the writing process and publishing options to help you make good choices from the beginning and come out with the best book and publishing experience possible.
Presented by: Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
Anne Bartolucci, Ph.D., C.B.S.M. is a licensed psychologist and a certified behavioral sleep medicine specialist. She started her professional career as the clinical director of a sleep disorders center and founded Atlanta Insomnia & Behavioral Health Services, P.C. in 2010 in order to focus specifically on the intersection of sleep and psychopathology.
Dr. Bartolucci has a not-so-secret other life as a U.S.A. Today bestselling fiction author under the pen name Cecilia Dominic. She was originally published by Samhain Publishing, and when they closed, she got her rights back and continued publishing on her own. As of summer 2020, she has released sixteen novels and novellas, which have been well-reviewed by outlets such as Fresh Fiction and Library Journal. She is also the author of two nonfiction books under her real name - Business Basics for Private Practice: A Guide for Mental Health Practitioners (2017; Routledge) and Better Sleep for the Overachiever, which will be released in September.
Dr. Bartolucci is a sought-after speaker and conference panelist and has taught workshops and classes for several organizations such as the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine, and the Georgia Psychological Association. She is also adjunct faculty at Emory University and lectures to the fellows and psychology graduate students. As Cecilia Dominic, she has been an attending professional and/or guest at DragonCon, JordanCon, MidSouthCon, AnachroCon, ConCarolinas, and the Steampunk World’s Fair.
What people are saying about this workshop:
- "This is the type of workshop that really can get you unstuck. Thanks Anne" - T.A.D.
- "[I learned] How to write a book from beginning to end. Absolutely, useful." - H.A.O.
- "This presenter and topic were very interesting. I enjoyed the exercises, as I feel the exercises were a great way to practice what was being taught. The entire writing process was put into a clear perspective for me." - L.K.K.
3 Core or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: This workshop is approved for 3 Core CE hours. The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Georgia Psychologists: All online webinars (both live/synchronous and on-demand/asynchronous) count the same as live for 2021 (including ethics). Therefore, this workshop is approved for 3 Core CE hours. The Board states it will go back to the pre-COVID rules in 2022. You may want to consider completing all 40 CEs this year while you have multiple viewing options.
- Licensed in another state as a Psychologist: The Knowledge Tree is a Continuing Education Sponsor Approved (CESA) by APA, so all our workshops should satisfy your CE requirements, but please check your specific state rules.
- Counselors: This workshop is approved for 3 Core CE hours through the Licensed Professional Counselors Association (LPCA) of Georgia, approval # 2020-11-04-218AW.
- Georgia Counselors: This workshop satisfies 3 "Core Hours" as an "on-demand/asynchronous" course. For more details about "On-Demand" hours, please see the blue highlighted section below.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for 3 Core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, approval # 091220.
- Georgia Social Workers: This workshop satisfies 3 "Core Hours" as an "on-demand/asynchronous" course. For more details about "On-Demand" hours, please see the blue highlighted section below.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the yellow highlighted section below.*
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for 3 CE hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, approval #127-2020.
- Georgia Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop satisfies 3 "Core Hours" as an "on-demand/asynchronous" course. For more details about "On-Demand" hours, please see the blue highlighted section below.
- Licensed in another state? Please see the yellow highlighted section below.
- *Licensed in another state as a Counselor, Social Worker, or Marriage & Family Therapist? Most states will accept CEs for Counselors, Social Workers, & MFTs if that workshop has approved status from another state, and this workshop is approved for all three licenses in Georgia. Additionally, we have National Approval for all of our courses through the American Psychological Association (APA).Many states will also accept APA-approved courses, but please check your specific state rules and regulations.
- The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists & Ethics: For all Masters Licensed Therapists in Georgia, On-Demand ("Asynchronous") Webinars are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra 5 would be your optional Independent Study hours). Please see our Live Webinars for more synchronous options if needed. And for details regarding this new rule (Oct 2020) from the Secretary of State, click here.
To view our various workshop policies, including our multi-workshop discount and refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.