To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
- CEs: 7 Core Education Clock Hours for Psychologists (through APA) or 7 "Related" Continuing Education Hours for Counselors (through LPCA of GA), Social Workers (through GSCSW) & Marriage and Family Therapists (through GAMFT).
- Format: On-Demand Webinar (“Asynchronous”) ~ At your leisure to be viewed at your own pace. You may pause, rewind, and fast forward at any point during the videos. You are in complete control of how you view this workshop. It also comes with a PowerPoint and valuable handouts & scripts. There is a quiz at the end to ensure viewing and required by all CE approval organizations.
- Investment: $160
Important CEU Information (Updated 10/20/20)
On-Demand Webinars: Defined as “asynchronous” workshops that are prerecorded, and you may watch them at your leisure on your own time.
The Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists:
For Masters Licensed Therapists, both On-Demand ("Asynchronous") Webinars and "Related" hours are allowed to comprise up to 15 hours of the total 35 hours required per renewal period (10 hours of On-Demand are expressly permitted, and the extra 5 would be your optional Independent Study hours). Therefore, this workshop would be counted as part of your allotted 15 "Related Hours." Please see our Live Webinars for Core and Ethics hours. For details regarding this new rule from the Secretary of State, click here.
The Georgia Board of Psychologists:
Has approved Live Webinars and On-Demand Webinars to be counted the same as live workshops for the remainder of this renewal period (including Ethics!!!). We are still awaiting The Board’s decision regarding the next renewal cycle.
- Define hypnotherapy and review evidence regarding its effectiveness.
- Demonstrate several ways to induce a hypnotic trance and the importance of engaging the emotional brain.
- Discuss possible risks and populations with whom hypnotherapy is contraindicated.
- Compare the three main types of hypnotherapy: 1) Resource State; 2) Hypno-Enhanced CBT; 3) and Regression (with Memory Reconsolidation).
- Explain Memory Reconsolidation and review this cutting edge approach to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas.
- Identify several ways to incorporate hypnotherapy into your practice and increase clinical success.
- Identify three ways to increase the mind/body connection: Applied kinesiology, Ideomotor finger signals, and body scans.
- Create a personal script to practice self-hypnosis.
This workshop has recently been updated to incorporate cutting edge research on memory reconsolidation and how hypnotherapy done in a specific format meets the criteria needed to reconsolidate memories in a more positive way. Memory is key to every maladaptive belief and behavior. Therefore, this form of hypnotherapy may be utilized with every mental health issue where "new learning" needs to take place to change old patterns and fear responses.
Dr. Beaton-York's unique approach to combining hypnotherapy with memory reconsolidation focuses on empowering the client to come up with his/her own solutions to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas, which is remarkably easier while a client is in trance. Come learn why other workshop participants are calling Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy trainings a "game changer" to their practices. This workshop will be both didactic and experiential and participants will walk away with knowledge and skills they can apply immediately.
** This course (Level 1) is a prerequisite to Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy Certification Course. For planning purposes, please know that she only teaches her Certification Course once each year, and it is limited to 27 participants.
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D.
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder of The Knowledge Tree with over 25 years of hypnotherapy experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). In 2005, Dr. Beaton-York earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy. She has taught hundreds of workshops both nationally and internationally. However, in the beginning of her teaching career, she only taught a hypnotherapy certification course. She spent years teaching all over the United States in addition to Mexico, and South Africa for the organization that trained her. After completing her doctoral degree and studying several evidenced-based treatments for treating anxiety & trauma, Dr. Beaton-York created her own NBCCH-approved training that incorporated more cutting-edge approaches. Dr. Beaton-York is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable yet down-to-earth & easy to understand. At the same time she is playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you'll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
7 Core or Related CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: This workshop was originally approved for 7 core hours through the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia, approval #8771-20AW; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Social Workers: This workshop was originally approved for 7 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, approval #023020; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop was originally approved for 7 core hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, approval #021-2020; this workshop now counts as Related Hours per Georgia Composite Board Rule 135-9-.01.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.
Blank Page Issues? We have received some reports about compatibility issues with our website while attempting to pay for a workshop resulting in blank pages. According to our website host, this is a known security issue with Internet Explorer (particularly when someone is about to use a credit card). Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in January 2016, and they updated it to Microsoft Edge. Our website is updated constantly to offer the highest level of security. If you experience issues while using Internet Explorer, we recommend updating your browser to Edge or using another browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, or FireFox). This should fix the issue and be more secure for you in general. Or, you may always enroll another way here. We apologize for any inconvenience.