To access the discount form for registering for multiple workshops, please click here.
Continuing Education Credits: 7 Core CE Hours for Psychologists (through APA), Counselors (LPCA-GA), Social Workers (GSCSW), and Marriage & Family Therapists (GAMFT).
Both the Georgia Board of Psychology (Emergency Rule OCGA § 43-39-15) and the Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists (Emergency Board Rule 135-9-0.3-.01) have approved Live-Streaming Webinars and Online Pre-recorded Webinars to be counted the same as a live training (even for Ethics) due to COVID-19 for the remainder of this renewal period. Both emergency bills have been signed by the Governor and are official!
Presented by: Becky Beaton-York, Ph.D.
Dr. Beaton-York is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder of The Knowledge Tree with over 25 years of hypnotherapy experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). In 2005, Dr. Beaton-York earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy. She has taught hundreds of workshops both nationally and internationally. However, in the beginning of her teaching career, she only taught a hypnotherapy certification course. She spent years teaching all over the United States in addition to Mexico, and South Africa for the organization that trained her. After completing her doctoral degree and studying several evidenced-based treatments for treating anxiety & trauma, Dr. Beaton-York created her own NBCCH-approved training that incorporated more cutting-edge approaches. Dr. Beaton-York is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable yet down-to-earth & easy to understand. At the same time she is playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you'll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
This workshop has recently been updated to incorporate cutting edge research on memory reconsolidation and how hypnotherapy done in a specific format meets the criteria needed to reconsolidate memories in a more positive way. Memory is key to every maladaptive belief and behavior. Therefore, this form of hypnotherapy may be utilized with every mental health issue where "new learning" needs to take place to change old patterns and fear responses.
Dr. Beaton-York's unique approach to combining hypnotherapy with memory reconsolidation focuses on empowering the client to come up with his/her own solutions to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas, which is remarkably easier while a client is in trance. Come learn why other workshop participants are calling Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy trainings a "game changer" to their practices. This workshop will be both didactic and experiential and participants will walk away with knowledge and skills they can apply immediately.
** This course (Level 1) is a prerequisite to Dr. Beaton-York's Hypnotherapy Certification Course. For planning purposes, please know that she only teaches her Certification Course once each year, and it is limited to 27 participants.
- Define hypnotherapy and review evidence regarding its effectiveness.
- Demonstrate several ways to induce a hypnotic trance and the importance of engaging the emotional brain.
- Discuss possible risks and populations with whom hypnotherapy is contraindicated.
- Compare the three main types of hypnotherapy: 1) Resource State; 2) Hypno-Enhanced CBT; 3) and Regression (with Memory Reconsolidation).
- Explain Memory Reconsolidation and review this cutting edge approach to changing old beliefs and trauma schemas.
- Identify several ways to incorporate hypnotherapy into your practice and increase clinical success.
- Identify three ways to increase the mind/body connection: Applied kinesiology, Ideomotor finger signals, and body scans.
- Create a personal script to practice self-hypnosis.
7 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Ph.D.s: The Knowledge Tree (TKT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. TKT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- LPCs: This workshop is approved for 7 core hours through the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia, approval #8771-20AW.
- SWs: This workshop is approved for 7 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, approval #023020.
- MFTs: This workshop is approved for 7 core hours through the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, approval #021-2020.
To view our various workshop policies, including our refund policy, please click here.